by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

won't finish homework while focused

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hemsworth family on Sulani is the current family I'm struggling with
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to get the child to do homework while Focused (for Whiz Kid Aspiration), it disappears the second they start to do their homework. Only doing school projects seem to get them focused but it's gone the second I try to switch to do homework. Chess and/or reading doesn't seem to work, to make them focus.
What do you expect to see? Their focus last long enough to fulfill the aspiration need
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No additional information

Message 1 of 10 (1,215 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: won't finish homework while focused

Hero

@Brumhildabug  There's a couple of ways to get them to stay focused if you can't get and keep them there otherwise.  Since you have GF and JA, I have found that one of the berries and one of the serums you get in the mail work well.  Also, one of the buyable aspiration potions works well too.  Sorry, I can't remember the specific names atm.  The same goes for keeping them inspired for creativity.  And playful for motor too.  Only thing you need to watch is they do last a while so sometimes it's hard to get them out of a particular state if you used the berries, serums and potions.  So you might need to wait a while before using another one to change the emotional state.

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (1,174 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Brumhildabug Did you test this without mods/cc installed as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,203 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll apologize now for my tech ignorance (apparently I don't have CC. Oops) I thought downloading buildings/people from The Gallery was CC. My age is showing. haha!

Message 3 of 10 (1,194 Views)

Hero

@Brumhildabug  There's a couple of ways to get them to stay focused if you can't get and keep them there otherwise.  Since you have GF and JA, I have found that one of the berries and one of the serums you get in the mail work well.  Also, one of the buyable aspiration potions works well too.  Sorry, I can't remember the specific names atm.  The same goes for keeping them inspired for creativity.  And playful for motor too.  Only thing you need to watch is they do last a while so sometimes it's hard to get them out of a particular state if you used the berries, serums and potions.  So you might need to wait a while before using another one to change the emotional state.

Message 4 of 10 (1,175 Views)

Hero
@Brumhildabug Do you have a counter on the moodlet ? Did you try the focus potion yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,139 Views)

Hero
@Brumhildabug Any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,104 Views)

Hero
@Brumhildabug Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,083 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The serum worked. Thank you! 

Message 8 of 10 (1,074 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, the serum/potion worked. Thank you for your help!

Message 9 of 10 (1,073 Views)

Hero
@Brumhildabug Glad to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,070 Views)