Re: wind chimes indoors.

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Champion

@unseenlarksyes!  Back in the Sims 2 days, my favorite Sims were always Knowledge and Family Sims! Heart  (Afther that, I really loved the Grilled Cheese Sims Large smileEmbarrassedWink )!   I get mad when someone builds a house without space for a chessboard and chairs!   With Get to Work, my favorite career to play is the Scientist career.  And back in the Sims 3 days when it would take 40 minutes or so for the game to load or CASt to load, I would read while I waited!  :eahigh_file:

So far "The Jungle" is good but I'm only near the beginning.  Right now it is focusing on Lithuanian immigrants who live and work in Chicago.  Standard smile  I haven't read or played the Sims as much since I'm trying to prepare for Christmas, and that includes crocheting some gifts as well as shopping etc., so I'm behind in both my gameplay and my reading! Embarrassed

One thing I love about the Parenthood pack is the addition of school projects, and that other family members can help!  This puts my old love of knowledge and family together again! NerdHeart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 15 (278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

that is so cool, @PugLove888! i love it when we can incorporate our favourite things in-game.

i'm behind on my reading too. i'm (or was, since i doubt i'll finish it) doing the Goodreads self-challenge in which you set the number of books you will read during the year. there is no way i will reach my goal.

i don't have the Parenthood GP and i didn't know about that feature! it sounds really nice, and quite useful as far as immersion goes! :D

Message 12 of 15 (273 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@unseenlarks, Yes!  The Parenthood is and excellent GP!Heart  It is very immersive, and families feel more like families and not just a collection of roommates of various ages. Cool  There are a lot of nice surprises in it.  I would recommend it to everybody, unless they hate playing Families, and only like to play Singles or Couples.Wink  

I admire you for doing a challenge like the Goodreads one, even if you didn't complete it, because I end up reading less when I make reading a goal! LOL Raised eyebrowLarge smile   I purposely read books like "The Scarlett Letter" and "Jane Eyre" the Summer before we read them in high school just so I could appreciate them and not view them as "homework" or a "task".  I wish I would have done that with "The Count of Monte Cristo" since I was very stressed with Algebra and ended up not finishing it  (but I still got an A on my paper!?! ShockedRaised eyebrow).  The school counselor told me not to finish it, since she knew I needed to spend all my time on Algebra and would still do well in English, not to mention that I was going to have a nervous breakdown if I didn't relax a bit.  I was still recovering from a serious bout of strep throat that had caused me to miss several weeks of school and required hospitalization, and the make-up work was impossible! Disappointed  I had more than English and Algebra to contend with, but those took up the most of my time.  I never did finish "The Count of Monet Cristo" even though it was an excellent book (I read about 3/4ths of it I guess).  It was just a bad experience, so I never finished it even though I enjoyed what I read.  I should go back and read it now.  Wink

Have you ever made Sims of any characters you encountered in books?  My first literary characters were in The Sims 1 and they were the Ingalls family from "Little House on the Prairie"! Heart (The one in the books, not the TV show, so Albert wasn't included since he never existed!). But since I had included Grace and made her school-aged, I guess I took the family more from how they were in "Little Town on the Prairie" or "These Happy Golden Years".Wink   In TS3 I made Dorothy Gale and Elmira Gulch/Wicked Witch of the West.  Yes, they were more based on the movie version, but I had read the "Wizard of Oz" books.  I was inspired by the inclusion of bicycles in TS3 as well as the "hates water" personality trait! LOL  I've made a few others from books, but they were more loosely based, or I just made one character.  And I'm sure I have forgotten a few others especially if I made them in TS1 or TS2. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 15 (267 Views)

★★ Expert
@PugLove888, that is SO creative. i have never created characters from books, just a few that already exist in a story of my own. Standard smile

we're so alike. i also read books before we started them in school. sometimes it was just a coincidence, as i did read a lot, and other times i would just read ahead (couldn't resist!) and often finish them! reading was the only thing i didn't think of as homework.
Message 14 of 15 (258 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I read all of Laura Ingalls Wilders books in my youth. (I was born a year before she died). Also saw the series later on.

Have you read her biography Prairie fires by Caroline Fraser?

She did not have such an easy life as the series make it out to be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 15 of 15 (252 Views)