will a future sims4 patch add option for lower sim max count?

by tsukuri_8

Original Post

will a future sims4 patch add option for lower sim max count?

★ Guide

lowest we can choose at moment is -maximum sim count- 80 at the least, but could a future patch give us an option to lower that even more, to about 30 or 40, or even 20?

for people with lower end pc's who can only play a few sims and get extreme lag in game when too many townies or npcs populate the game, we would love the option to limit this number so not so many sims generate.

some of us only like our own made sims to populate the towns and don't want a bunch of game slowing/funny looking generated cc townies all over.

I don't want the mod that blocks cc on non played sims either, or one that limits the nonplayed sims, if there is one. Would like it to be officially in the sims 4 game options so those of us that have to play small, can safely limit those, and run our games better so we can put our graphics options up a little.

80 isn't very low. would the town business's or GTW jobs not run properly if you don't have a ton of townies/npc's in the town? is that why we don't have a lower option?

Message 1 of 3 (489 Views)

Re: will a future sims4 patch add option for lower sim max count?

I think so, 40, 30 and 20 is very low.

Have you tried lowering your graphics options for the game to run a little better?

If you want someone to have a peek at your DxDiag (your system information) and maybe being able to suggest something, feel free to post it om the tech board:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

You can read about how to gather your DxDiag over here:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (467 Views)

Re: will a future sims4 patch add option for lower sim max count?

★ Guide

Already did that before. My system is low end and was told to run my game with lower settings. But I play with cc, it's important to look their best for making sims stories and pictures, and I won't play with too low graphic settings. Bad enough screen resolution is very low making far shots blur more. 

I just think it wouldn't hurt the game to offer us even lower max sim count options for those with very low end pc's that can't afford a good gaming pc and better monitor. people don't have to choose those options if they don't want to, but would it hurt the game for those lower max count options to be there? my game lags much more in day when too many townies/npcs come out. wish the game wouldn't generate so many. and I'm tired of constantly deleting them several times per play.

Anyway, just made this post so hopefully someone that works at EA or something would see the request for a lower max count option in a future patch, it wouldn't be very hard for them to do, and it would be very appreciated, and would help with lag. I've wanted to request this since long ago.

Message 3 of 3 (451 Views)