why wont my sim put their toddler in bed or highchair?

by waterb0ttles

Original Post

Re: why wont my sim put their toddler in bed or highchair?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@waterb0ttles Can you share it to the gallery and I could try in my game? If you upload it to the gallery please share the exact name of the lot here and your Gallery name/ID if it's different than here.

Another couple of things you may be able to try is to switch to 'Sims Camera 3',then press the up or down arrow directional key on your keyboard while holding the ‘Command/Control’ key to move the angle up or down (by two clicks). Two clicks down will take you to ‘ground level’ view... 
In Build Mode, experiment on angles and zoom in very close and see if you can grab it at some point, then hit the delete key. This should move it to the Household Inventory. Drag it to 'Sell' from there. :
camera-3.jpg

Occasionally 'Set As Head' helps with unsticking some items, but if you cannot get the option of clicking on it that may not work... but you could try. It is an oddly funny thing to try at least once. Wink

And if that doesn't work there is a Mod called T.O.O.L. that is used by many players to delete and move tinge in ways and locations not normally possible.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 25 (908 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGR okay ill share it to the gallery now. the food is also cc and  is called "Srsly's complete cooking overhaul". the house is called "blue house" and my name is the same, its near the counter right next to the stove

(CM: Multiple posts merged together. To add more to your post, use the edit button instead of adding a second/third post in a row).

Message 12 of 25 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@waterb0ttles Unfortunately, though I was able to download your game, since I don't have the CC in my game, not only couldn't I see the stuck food, I also found hardly any items in the house (please see screenshot below). I apologize, as I do not ever use CC or Mods in my game, so I didn't download the one you mentioned. Is that the only CC you used? There was definitely no stuck food in the kitchen without the CC on the lot, so if you remove it, along with the cache file (see directions below - click spoiler tag), I think your issue will be gone. 

Also, If you used multiple CC in your game, you may want to track down the CC that made the food or the surface it was on or whatever may be interacting with the stuck food, and try removing just that CC first, along with the cache file, and see if that's enough to fix the issue.

Spoiler

Please try the following in this order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ].
    * If you’re on PC, make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).
    * If you’re on Mac
    , the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

Do not re-add any of your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old Mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 4.18.53 AM.jpg 

Message 13 of 25 (859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGRmy house is filled with cc, its like my sims can step on it so its like a decoration but they can also cook it, I get the options "Clean" and "Throw away" but when I try it doesnt let me do either

Message 14 of 25 (847 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@waterb0ttles Then it sounds like your CC is not functioning properly with the game. If this just began after a patch, the CC may have a conflict with the patch. Did you check with your CC creator(s) to see if there are any updates to their CC, or if others are having this issue?

Message 15 of 25 (834 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR I have looked on the website and it looks like nobody else is having this issue, im not really worried about it now because im able to just re download the house or i am able to move
Message 16 of 25 (795 Views)

Champion

@waterb0ttles Thank you for letting us know. I'm glad you found a way to work around it by re-downloading, an I wish you all the best. Happy simming! 

Message 17 of 25 (788 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR i am having a new problem now, I cant click on any of my sims and i cant click on the fridge, laundry machine,lights and more and at first i thought it was my bills but that wouldnt explain why i cant click on sims
Message 18 of 25 (757 Views)

★★ Pro
@waterb0ttles This issue could be from ..ccs too I guess. If you play the pre made sim family without mods and ccs, then it will give the answer. If you have no problem to click on them, then it could be from ccs. I also play without mods and ccs when I have a problem. Standard smile I have 2 type of the Sims 4 folders. One is The Sims 4 folder never used any mods and ccs, and the other one is the Sims 4 which has some mods and ccs in. Standard smile
Message 19 of 25 (734 Views)

Champion

@waterb0ttles I think it's time we commit to making sure if one or more of your Mods/CC could be causing an issue. We need to eliminate this first. Even if you already tried any of this before, please bear with me and try the following in this order without skipping any steps:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ].
    * If you’re on PC, make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).
    * If you’re on Mac
    , the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

Do not re-add any of your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old Mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method.

Message 20 of 25 (694 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help