Re: why wont my sim put their toddler in bed or highchair?

by SheriGR

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR the 50/50 method has worked ty
Message 21 of 25 (416 Views)

Champion

@waterb0ttles I'm happy to hear that, and you're very welcome! Thank you for letting us know! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 22 of 25 (389 Views)

★ Novice

I am now having this problem, I have tried taking all of the mods and cc out, I have deleted and redownload the game, I have tried to repair it and update it but none of it is working. Whenever I try to put my toddler in the highchair, my adult sim will pick up the toddler and then immediately put him down. Same with the potty chair, I will give the toddler a command to use it and he will take a few steps and then cancel the command. And now, my adult sim is doing the same thing with every command I tell her to do. She will take a few steps, cancel the command. 

Message 23 of 25 (270 Views)

Champion

@kaelyn_ann12 Please try testing without the Mods/CC and removing the localthumbcache.package file also as described in the spoiler tag. You can test to confirm if the issue is gone in a new game save without saving to confirm which Mod/CC could be causing the issue.

Spoiler
Try moving the Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. You can test without saving in order to identify which CC/Mods are causing the issue, then remove or add updated version(s) of the Mod/CC causing the issue.
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 24 of 25 (255 Views)

Community Manager

@kaelyn_ann12 

We prefer people not to post on really old threads. 

Please create a new thread if your issue is ongoing, thanks.

Thread locked.

barry.png
Message 25 of 25 (240 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help