Re: why wont my sim put their toddler in bed or highchair?

by SheriGR

Original Post

why wont my sim put their toddler in bed or highchair?

★★★★ Apprentice

my toddlers wont go in their highchair, it cancels out and when i try again the same thing happens. its not my cc highchair because ive tried base game also, other thing is my sim wont put their toddler in bed

Message 1 of 25 (9,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@waterb0ttles I see a number of bug reports when I google toddler bed. Please check these and see if they are the same as your issue and if so please 'me too' the post and add helpful information if you see details in your game that would add to what's there.:

As far as the high chair, I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly what you mean by the won't go in the high chair. Do you mean they refuse to let an adult or teen put them in? What happens when occurs? Does the interaction just drop for the adult &/or the toddler? I didn't initially see any recently added highchair bugs, but I may have missed one that matches yours.

But... I can tell you I'm not much of a fan of using the evil highchair. Personally, I have had a great deal of difficulty over time with adults and teens in the home autonomously queueing up to feed the toddler in the high chair at the same time I directed another sim to and this can become a musical chairs nightmare of feeding prompts (though I believe they have improved it lately?). I've actually gotten really, really upset about this at times, in concern for my toddler who needed to eat.

My workaround? I delete the high chair. I drag a plate or platter of food from the refrigerator to the counter and have the toddler grab a serving. I put a nice, comfortable child's lounge chair in or near the kitchen and the toddler is delighted to go eat in it, on the couch, or occasionally they just sit on the floor. Everyone is happy and the toddler eats. Other good ideas for 'free feeding' toddlers is to make popcorn (it never goes bad and they can grab a serving from it) and leaving out fruit that doesn't go bad for the toddler to grab and eat. Apples are especially nice for this and make a 'happy' moodlet for the toddler. You can also drag a few spare apples into the toddler's personal inventory to direct them to eat if they're not near the kitchen.

You could make a bug report and see if others are having the same issue if you think your toddler/highchair issue is more pronounced than this? 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 25 (9,252 Views)

Champion

@waterb0ttles, yes I also stopped using highchairs soon after toddlers were added to the game! Disappointed High chairs are evil!!!   Like @SheriGR stated, toddlers will use a couch, bed, or even the floor to eat.  They also will eat at any chair that isn't pushed up against a table or desk.  They will also eat on some ottomans/poofs as well!.  You will be much happier if you get rid of all highchairs in the game.  Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 25 (9,239 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR ive figured it out now ty though
Message 4 of 25 (9,174 Views)

Champion

@waterb0ttles I'm relieved to hear that! Thank you for letting us know. Would you mind sharing with us what helped in your case?

Message 5 of 25 (9,159 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR im not really sure, I just closed my game then tried again and it worked
Message 6 of 25 (9,111 Views)

Champion

@waterb0ttles Lol!! Yes, a restart cures many a funky behavior! Well, bottom line, I'm happy to hear the issue is gone. Thanks for letting us know! 

Message 7 of 25 (9,084 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR I also just noticed, i was making food and it came up in my household inventory so i took it out and put it on the floor and i cant pick the food up and its not done, my sim cant clean it and i cant delete it in build mode.
Message 8 of 25 (9,023 Views)

Champion

@waterb0ttlesWhen you leave the lot or game and return is the item still there? Can you use the sledgehammer on it? If you can drag it to household inventory in build more or save it to the Sim's personal inventory it can be sold/deleted by dragging to sell from there for a stuck item sometimes. Can you grab it either in build mode or live mode? If you hover over it do you get any options whatsoever? 

Sometimes an object gets bugged and can be reset

Please let me know if any of these things help, or clarify anything I misunderstood. Thanks!

Message 9 of 25 (8,988 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR ive tried leaving and going back and its still there, I cannot use the sledgehammer or pick it up even in build mode, I tried having my sim pick it up and it says she cant get to it, its like stuck on the floor and I even tried making a 1x1 space and deleting the floor and it stays there.
Message 10 of 25 (8,949 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help