Re: Sims4 cc on console

by xJaimerTheGamerx

Original Post

Re: is there ever gonna be cc on sims 4 console

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@511702  If you were getting error messages or your computer was having issues downloading mods and CC for the sims 4, it seems you may be downloading either outdated mods or you don't know the correct way to download mods and CC. As all computers should have no issue downloading CC and mods. Unless maybe you have a really old laptop. If you really like mods and custom content, maybe save some money up and spend money on a new laptop. Personally for me it is worth spending money on a PC, because I have never really liked any of The Sims games or series on console. The controls are not as great as on PC. Even if they allowed mods and cc on console, I would still prefer to play The Sims 4 and other Sims games on PC, but that is just my personal preference. It just feels like The Sims was always meant for PC. but they made it console friendly as a good business idea and for fans. The controls are almost impossible to transfer to a xbox or PlayStation controller alone.

Message 41 of 50 (1,475 Views)

Add CC To Console

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been a huge fan of the sims since I was a little kid and I’ve been playing faithfully since. I get frustrated each game that comes out because I can’t use custom content on console. I don’t have the money to get a nice laptop or desktop to enjoy it, so I’ve been using console. I don’t know how hard it would be to include cc for console but please consider it. I feel that console players pay the same amount of money as pc players but we aren’t able to enjoy a fraction of the content on the sims. When making new sims, I feel like I’m running out of ideas because we have the same hair and makeup. The same clothes and accessories. I don’t know but I think console players would be thankful and excited if we were given the opportunity to enjoy the same things pc players enjoy. Please consider it. Thanks. 

Message 42 of 50 (1,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I signed a petition for them to include cc and I also left a message on the website. I think if more people address it, maxis might actually consider the idea. 

Message 43 of 50 (1,409 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@tyjj50 Yeah!😂
Message 44 of 50 (1,394 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Cyclone_Sims  @tyjj50  @JanelleDeanna  Currently there are no talks of CC being added to console. There are a few reasons why CC and mods are not being added to console, but is allowed on PC. One of the main reasons is because though it is not impossible, it is very difficult to manage CC and mods properly on Console as it is it's own operating system and games for consoles have to work specifically for console. Where on PC it gives more lean way to mess with files etc. The PC works like this "If you mess your game up or break your computer creating mods and CC that is on you" where as console the games are very specific and it is much harder to alter the console. Though people have messed with CC and mods on console, most companies and the consoles themselves don't really like it, especially when just anybody is doing it because you can break the console. The console has the same issue with cross platform games with PCers coming in with mods and cc and destroying players on console. Basically the console and PC are treated very differently. Sony and Microsoft also have to agree to allow mods and cc on console, so EA would have to get permission from both. So far only Microsoft(xbox) has given hints to they would allow CC and mods on console under specific terms. Sony I believe shut it down (no surprise Sony turns a lot of deals and things down when it comes to gaming, making the Xbox a lot more appealing in some cases for gamers) So basically it is not EA's fault as to why CC and mods have never came to console for any of the Sims games. You have to understand it is a lot more difficult than it is on PC and EA just allowing it on console. In the best case scenario, all parties agree to bring CC and mods to console, it would have to be very specific terms because of the sensitivity of the console and console games. So something like only a trusted team by said company or companies would be able to create CC or mods for console, unlike PC that has endless options and content of CC and mods because anyone can create them for PC. However, remain patient because you never know what the future will bring....They did end up bringing the gallery to console which was kind of against the grain and a big surprise for everyone.

Personally I always prefer all The Sims games on PC myself, and not just because of mods or cc. I love the controls better and it seems to be meant for PC. It honestly feels like when The Sims first came out for console and continues to come out for console was more of a business choice to make more money rather than it was meant for console. Unfortunately computers are not cheap, nor is buying all the PC versions of The Sims. Lol I'm lucky I started off as a PC sim fan and not a console fan. I liked The Sims 2 I believe it was on console, but that was it.  I bought THe SIms 4 for Xbox before I got the PC version, played it for a day and got so frustrated because it took forever to do the simplest tasks, that I went out and bought The Sims 4 for PC the day after. (I was really late buying the Sims 4 as I loved The Sims 3 and waited as I didn't like The Sims 4 when it first came out.)

Message 45 of 50 (1,374 Views)

Re: Add CC To Console

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@JanelleDeanna 

Currently there are no talks of CC being added to console. There are a few reasons why CC and mods are not being added to console, but is allowed on PC. One of the main reasons is because though it is not impossible, it is very difficult to manage CC and mods properly on Console as it is it's own operating system and games for consoles have to work specifically for console. Where on PC it gives more lean way to mess with files etc. The PC works like this "If you mess your game up or break your computer creating mods and CC that is on you" where as console the games are very specific and it is much harder to alter the console. Though people have messed with CC and mods on console, most companies and the consoles themselves don't really like it, especially when just anybody is doing it because you can break the console. The console has the same issue with cross platform games with PCers coming in with mods and cc and destroying players on console. Basically the console and PC are treated very differently. Sony and Microsoft also have to agree to allow mods and cc on console, so EA would have to get permission from both. So far only Microsoft(xbox) has given hints to they would allow CC and mods on console under specific terms. Sony I believe shut it down (no surprise Sony turns a lot of deals and things down when it comes to gaming, making the Xbox a lot more appealing in some cases for gamers) So basically it is not EA's fault as to why CC and mods have never came to console for any of the Sims games. You have to understand it is a lot more difficult than it is on PC and EA just allowing it on console. In the best case scenario, all parties agree to bring CC and mods to console, it would have to be very specific terms because of the sensitivity of the console and console games. So something like only a trusted team by said company or companies would be able to create CC or mods for console, unlike PC that has endless options and content of CC and mods because anyone can create them for PC. All this aside, EA is also not responsible for MODS or CC, they actually don't alter games or updates for mods or CC. So what you spend on games for whatever platform has nothing to do with CC or mods as EA doesn't make mods or CC nor are they responsible for them. Basically all EA does is not block them from the games on PC, but they don't care if updates break mods or cc for example because it is a separate thing. However, remain patient because you never know what the future will bring....They did end up bringing the gallery to console which was kind of against the grain and a big surprise for everyone.

Personally I always prefer all The Sims games on PC myself, and not just because of mods or cc. I love the controls better and it seems to be meant for PC. It honestly feels like when The Sims first came out for console and continues to come out for console was more of a business choice to make more money rather than it was meant for console. Unfortunately computers are not cheap, nor is buying all the PC versions of The Sims. Lol I'm lucky I started off as a PC sim fan and not a console fan. I liked The Sims 2 I believe it was on console, but that was it. I bought THe SIms 4 for Xbox before I got the PC version, played it for a day and got so frustrated because it took forever to do the simplest tasks, that I went out and bought The Sims 4 for PC the day after. (I was really late buying the Sims 4 as I loved The Sims 3 and waited as I didn't like The Sims 4 when it first came out.)

Message 46 of 50 (1,391 Views)

CC Coming To Xbox one On Sims 4

★★ Novice

When Will CC Come To The Sims 4 Xbox one 

Message 47 of 50 (1,448 Views)

Re: Sims 4 CC Coming To Xbox one

★★★ Pro

Never going to happen it's already been mentioned by a couple of Sims gurus on twitter ages ago.

Message 48 of 50 (1,423 Views)

Re: Sims 4 CC Coming To Xbox one

Hero (Retired)

@Jamesbradby7213 I've merged your posts together, please only post on one forum.

There's a very, very long thread here you can read through with regards to this question. Is there mods or CC for console? 

Message 49 of 50 (1,404 Views)

Re: Although EA hasn't really said much about bringing mods o...

★ Novice

Forget about asking the fancy companies for permission to bring mods and cc. We get every the same things at the same time as pc but we don't get mods and cc. Ea should listen to the simmers not the fancy companies. Console players know what we want and we want it now.

Message 50 of 50 (1,349 Views)