Re: I want to know when sims 4 CC or mods on the Xbox one will come out

by Rachelharris31

Original Post

Re: why isn't cc allowed in sims 4 console? I was so looking forward to using it

★★★ Newbie
@Eunh00n11 I was wondering the same thing myself.
Message 31 of 50 (4,089 Views)

Re: why isn't cc allowed in sims 4 console? I was so looking forward to using it

★★★ Newbie
@blessedangel1068 I actually just found out myself that the gallery is now available to everyone, including console Standard smile
Message 32 of 50 (4,064 Views)

I want to know when sims 4 CC or mods on the Xbox one will come out

★★★ Newbie

I really would like some cc

Message 33 of 50 (4,080 Views)

Re: I want to know when sims 4 CC or mods on the Xbox one will come out

★★★ Pro

To be honest with you I can't see this happening in sure I have seen a tweet from sim guru drake saying that there won't be mod or cc support for the PS4 or Xbox one.

Message 34 of 50 (4,070 Views)

the sims 4

★★★ Newbie

hi just wondering if the sims 4 on console is going to do custom content for console

Message 35 of 50 (3,984 Views)

Re: the sims 4

★★ Pro

Hi @shanarsher This thread is somewhat outdated.. I doubt this will happen however, as there is no easy way to 'store them', ie: on pc, it's merely in a folder within (ie: Electronic Arts/Sims 4/Mods) there is nothing similar for the console edition.

Message 36 of 50 (3,945 Views)

Re: the sims 4

Community Manager
Hi folks,

Since this thread was created, the Gallery has come to PS4 and XB1. SimGuruLegacy noted that "Creations using CC will not be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Gallery" at this time. I'm not aware of any current plans in the work that'd suggest this will change in the near future. If you'd like to read more on The Gallery and consoles , check out January's Console Patch Note thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971340/console-january-16-2020-patch-notes#latest

As this thread is a few years old now, I'll lock it here to help limit necroposting.

Thank you,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 37 of 50 (42,075 Views)

is there ever gonna be cc on sims 4 console

★★★ Newbie

I think that there should be cc on the console, because it's such a amzing add-on and there are awsome mods. I tried to get it on my labtop, butit kept saying error. I also tried getting it on my computer, it worked but all my exstion packs were gone, and the computer wouldn't let me doanload cc. I watch a lot of youtube videos with cc and it make me kinda sad, cause it's so cool, cute, and makes your game infinity time better. 

Message 38 of 50 (3,631 Views)

Although EA hasn't really said much about bringing mods o...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@511702  Although EA hasn't really said much about bringing mods or custom content to console other than it did not make the cut when they released it to console, and also shared there are no plans for it in the near future. My assumption is there probably won't be mods or custom content for console ever. The majority of the reason is because the console and PC are vastly different. EA would also have to get approval from a lot more groups including Sony (PS4) and Micrsoft (Xbox) for it to happen. It has nothing to do with EA not allowing Mods or CC for console, but rather it is technically impossible, unless EA had complete control over the mods and custom content, and even then they would have to have a ton of restrictions not to break the console and damage to EA. Even then it would be a big IF. You can't change files or codes on a console like you can on a PC. PC works like this..."Here are the requirements, if your computer can't handle it that is on you" or "If your mod breaks the game, that is also on you." Where as consoles their games are meant to be played on console on high settings. On PC you may or can tweak that. For mods to be supported and work on PC, program files are being moved, where on Console it runs on it's own operating system and won't allow it. Where as anyone can create custom content for The Sims 4 on PC.  If they allowed mods on console they would have more problems than they already have.So it is more a technical issue than anything else. However, maybe in the future it is possible, but still looking unlikely.

Message 39 of 50 (3,589 Views)

Re: is there ever gonna be cc on sims 4 console

★★★ Newbie

me tooooo my laptop doset make it work and mods are soo cool

Message 40 of 50 (3,526 Views)