Re: why isn't cc allowed in sims 4 console? I was so looking forward to using it

by PugLove888

Original Post

Re: why isn't cc allowed in sims 4 console? I was so looking forward to using it

★ Guide

I don’t care about the mods. I want a broader choice when it comes to the gallery! There’s so little on console gallery, it’s not even funny! 

Message 21 of 50 (2,826 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I agree. I would like a broader selection from the gallery as well. Will EA make the gallery option available to console users?

Message 22 of 50 (2,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But on my Xbox one s I managed to download stuff from TSR and put it in a folder so why can't it just have a mod folder

Message 23 of 50 (2,447 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@bwallwein123 I think this is a good idea, but the thing is, that you can't really download on a console, like sure you can usually go on the internet but you quite probably do not have something like 'file explorer' to put your mods in.
Message 24 of 50 (2,433 Views)

★★★ Pro

I Know how you feel I bought the realm of magic and it only had one house to download it sucked.

Message 25 of 50 (2,316 Views)

Sims4 cc on console

★★ Newbie

Hey heres an idea you should add cc to console we need more privileges  

Message 26 of 50 (1,335 Views)

★★ Novice
@bwallwein123 its not EAs fault consoles js dont support downloading anything off the internet on their devices.
Message 27 of 50 (2,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@bwallwein123 yes i totally want cc on my ps4!
Message 28 of 50 (2,160 Views)

Champion

@ArlineIsFancy, ironically, from what I hear, the reason that consoles don't have CC is because Sony is reluctant to include it for the PS4! Raised eyebrow I hear that Xbox is more open to it.  This will only happen if both consoles allow it, so it is out of EA's hands! Disappointed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 29 of 50 (2,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

No, because modding console games is absolutely forbidden. In order to mod console games, you'd have to jailbreak the console, which is illegal. Only smartphones can be legally jailbroken. There was an instance where someone jailbroke a PlayStation 3 and published how to do so, and Sony found out about it and filed lawsuit(s) against the individual(s) and had the publications on how to jailbreak ps3 consoles taken down. There are people who have jailbroken their Nintendo Switches in order to mod in the Pokémon omitted from Pokémon Sword and Shield, and I know that Nintendo will eventually catch wind of it and possibly come after them, lawsuits ablazing. So no, console game modding will never be a thing. It's only allowed for pc games. It's why I'm hoping to switch from console to pc gaming.

Ps. @PugLove888 your pfp is absolutely adorable 

Message 30 of 50 (2,040 Views)