Re: why isn't cc allowed in sims 4 console? I was so looking forward to using it

by sproketbot98

Original Post

Re: why isn't cc allowed in sims 4 console? I was so looking forward to using it

Champion (Retired)

How would you do that?

Mods and CC are not supported on consoles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 50 (4,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Stop lying
Message 12 of 50 (4,833 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Puckluckja 

You are welcome to try making Mods and CC work on a Console.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 50 (4,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im really disapointed... I LOVE The Sims 4! The ONLY bad thing about it is that you can't get custom content Teeth bared Please make cc on Ps4 or just any console a thing! You will get so many more people playing aswell! If you had cc on consoles it would be more fun to play because as you may know it gets really boring after a while because you have the same clothes over and over again! Sometimes i stop playing the Game because it gets that BORING! Everybody would be so much more happier! People see all the YouTubers have cc but we CAN'T Frown Just please do it! 

Message 14 of 50 (4,749 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tryed that and it still did not work Frown

Message 15 of 50 (4,749 Views)

★★★ Novice
Installing mods for the sims 4 and most other modern pc games requires moving program files through your computer's file manager. Because consoles run on their own OS and different hardware, doing this is not possible unless you have experience in console debugging (which besides voiding your warranty, will brick your console and make it unusable). Even if the game had mod support through console, it would be through an installer program and heavily curated, monitored, and possibly monetized (such as Bethesda's current mod program).
My best advice would be to just save up for a budget laptop and buy the PC version instead.
Message 16 of 50 (4,735 Views)

Champion

@JajabinksPax, what @sproketbot98  stated it the real problem!!!  This isn't EA's fault, but really just the nature of consoles in general.  If you have a problem with this you would need to contact Xbox or PS4 and ask them if there is anyway they could implement CC/Mods, but from the sound of it, I don't think there is! 

@sproketbot98, thank you for such a understandable explanation as to why the console versions of the Sims don't have Mods/CC! HeartNerd:eahigh_file:

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 17 of 50 (4,729 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

No. That cant be the reason. I played so many games on console which are enable on PC and the modders always made the same content for console, as for PC. Yes, to make Content for console is a little bit different as for pc, but its possible.

Message 18 of 50 (4,584 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I play Sims4 on console as well. Xbox one. When I'm building I put in the cheat code 'testingcheats true' then put in the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects, I list my lot as generic this way when I click on the option that gives you the different objects category, the very last category says generic items. I get a whole lot of custom content. I also get some custom stuff in the other categories as well. Just be careful when using the items though, once you place them sometimes you cannot delete them or move them to inventory. Hope this helps.

Message 19 of 50 (4,481 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@blessedangel1068 

Sorry, that is not custom content (CC) but content that ships with the game.

Message 20 of 50 (4,475 Views)