Re: why isn't cc allowed in sims 4 console? I was so looking forward to using it

by 2004dylis11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why isn't cc allowed in sims 4 console? I was so looking forward to using it

★★ Newbie

I tweeted EA about this and they told me to post it on this forum,so I don't really know now but I was really looking forward to cc in sims 4 console and its not allowed so yeah

Message 1 of 50 (72,877 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: the sims 4

Community Manager
Hi folks,

Since this thread was created, the Gallery has come to PS4 and XB1. SimGuruLegacy noted that "Creations using CC will not be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Gallery" at this time. I'm not aware of any current plans in the work that'd suggest this will change in the near future. If you'd like to read more on The Gallery and consoles , check out January's Console Patch Note thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971340/console-january-16-2020-patch-notes#latest

As this thread is a few years old now, I'll lock it here to help limit necroposting.

Thank you,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 37 of 50 (42,074 Views)

All Replies

Re: why isn't cc allowed in sims 4 console? I was so looking forward to using it

Champion (Retired)

@bwallwein123

Well, I think the reason for this is that it's more or less technically impossible unless EA handles all the mods and cc allowed for the game. You can't really change the files in the same way by yourself as on a computer, the system is completely different. If EA, and understand that they would have to team up with both Microsoft (Cboc) and Sony (PS4) to do this, wanted to allow mods, they would have to put up many restrictions as to not break the consoles and make damage to them.
Usually, when you have a PC, the attitude is "here are the requirements,  if your computer is not good enough, that is on you, and if you break anything, that is on you".
With consoles it's harder as a game for PS4 should always work on PS4. they're guaranteed to run on high settings, while on a Pc you might have to tweak that. If they allowed mods, that was not updated and broke the game all the time, they would have even more problems with the game than they already have.

Bethesda has enabled some mods for games like Skyrim and Fallout, but they still do not have the same access, and even before getting them on consoles, Bethesda worked closer with the modding commiunity, so it's a much bigger step for EA and the Sims. I do not think they have enough players (yet at least) for it to be worth all the time and work it would take.

Ea was also very clear with this before the release of the game, that cc would not work.

But maybe someday! 

Message 2 of 50 (72,779 Views)

★★ Novice

Then why allow it on pc and mac?

Message 3 of 50 (72,520 Views)

Champion

@Bhryanna_Gowey, Like CMeki stated, the computer is more general and the view is "if you want to slow it down, that is on you" while consoles want to maintain the quality of the gaming experience.  Wink  Also, you have to remember that the Sims was made to be a pc game. Therefore The Sims 4 is an adaptation.  There was no guarantee that it would even be offered on a console, so they wouldn't have made it for a PC with thought that since they might one day want to bring it to consoles they better not make it be able to have CC!  There was a 3 year gap from when TS4 came out originally to when it came out on consoles.  

To be honest, I don't even bother with CC and Mods.  I did with TS3, but they caused too much trouble with my game Disappointed , so I got rid of them, and never used them in TS4.  But there are a lot of people who use them successfully -- you just have to make sure that when EA updates the game with a patch that all the Mod & CC makers update their items to fit with the changes.  I'm too lazy to keep track with that and test it, so I don't use them and I don't have to worry! EmbarrassedLarge smile  CC isn't necessary to play the game. 

If you still really want to use CC, and don't feel like waiting to see if EA ever makes TS4 for consoles able to utilize CC, then it would probably be best for you to see if you can run TS4 on your pc or Mac! Wink

Best of luck and Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 50 (72,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My understanding is that they found a way for cc to work on pc/mac because thats where most people bought the game but, if they added the ability to get cc on consol than the rates would increase there, too.

Message 5 of 50 (71,143 Views)

★ Novice
No
Message 6 of 50 (71,031 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have a computer but it wont allow me to have CC coz maxis sims dont support it, but i want CC 

Message 7 of 50 (70,932 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@2004dylis11

The Sims 4 for PC and Mac does support CC. There are many places that offer CC (custom content). Just search for it and read how to use the CC you are interested in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 50 (70,925 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If I hook up my ps4 to my pc.. Can I now, add mods and cc??

Message 9 of 50 (69,137 Views)

★★★ Newbie
If I hook up my ps4 to my pc, now will it allow me to add cc and mods?
Message 10 of 50 (69,134 Views)