Re: why is the sims 4 game being so slow?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

@abc1381541026  Yes, that's what I wanted, thanks.  Your dxdiag is missing a lot of information though, because it crashed while running.  Between that and the system errors at the end, it's a good idea to run a couple of checks on your Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, and manually run any pending Windows updates.  Hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  If you have a number of them pending, it may take a few tries, with restarts in between, to get them all to run.

Please also disable Game Bar.  Hit Windows key-i, select Settings > Gaming > Game Bar, and turn it off (the first option at the top).

Restart again, test the game, and let me know whether it still runs as slowly as before.  If it does, please run another dxdiag.

Just so you know, with only 4 GB memory, your laptop is always going to run the game more slowly than it would with more memory installed, and probably more slowly than it did when you had fewer packs installed.  That's unavoidable to a certain extent.  But there are still steps you can take to help, such as not running any other apps while you play and restarting the game before launching, to free up as much RAM as possible.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 17 (550 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict hi, after i click the PowerShell (Administrator) it just brings up settings? is this what is meant to happen? i'm so sorry i',m confused.
Message 12 of 17 (525 Views)

@abc1381541026  Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?  For reference, this is what PowerShell looks like (first screenshot):

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/25581-open-windows-powershell-windows-10-a.html

although you'll need the Admin version, not the normal one.

Message 13 of 17 (507 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict i got command prompt up. when i type in "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" without the quotation marks, nothing happens. i'm probably doing something wrong.
Message 14 of 17 (472 Views)

@abc1381541026  It can take a few seconds to start, but it should definitely show that DISM is running.  Please restart your computer, try again, and if nothing happens after a couple minutes, please take a screenshot of the Command Prompt (admin) or PowerShell (admin) window, and paste it here.  You can hit Windows key-shift-S and drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture, then open Paint and crtl-V to paste the image.

Message 15 of 17 (442 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi, i think this worked. here is an attachment of what came up. do i just start the game as normal now?

Message 16 of 17 (414 Views)

@abc1381541026  Try running the game, and if it's still slow, please run another dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Some of the information in the first one was missing, and I'd like to see if there are any obvious issues among the missing info.

Message 17 of 17 (388 Views)