why do my career mods not work

by 7UV5WKNZ227UA3X7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why do my career mods not work

★★★ Newbie

I installed career mods and it lets me join the career but it won't let me go to the job.

Message 1 of 8 (17,484 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: why do my career mods not work

★★★ Expert

@7UV5WKNZ227UA3X7 Is this a mod you had been using before the June 3rd patch or are you trying it for the first time now? Did the mod creator verify that the latest version is compatible with the most recent game patches?

If this mod contains any .ts4script files then they must be placed correctly in your Mods folder for them to work. The Sims 4 will only go one sub-folder deep when looking for script mods. Also please double check that you have enabled both mods and script mods in your Game Options.

script mods.JPG

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (17,424 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@7UV5WKNZ227UA3X7 

Practically all career Mods needs to be updated as does a lot of other Mods and CC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (17,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I installed them not to long ago so they should be updated

Message 3 of 8 (17,451 Views)

★★★ Expert

@7UV5WKNZ227UA3X7 I agree with @jpkarlsen . It's very common for mods to become outdated any time there is a game patch release, especially when the patch makes significant changes to game-play like the June 3 patch. Even if there were no apparent issues in your game you should check for mod updates every time there is a new game patch-- the issues might show up later or they could cause other bugs that could break your game save.

Message 4 of 8 (17,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just checked one of the careers that would not work and it has no new updates

Message 5 of 8 (17,432 Views)

★★★ Expert

@7UV5WKNZ227UA3X7 Is this a mod you had been using before the June 3rd patch or are you trying it for the first time now? Did the mod creator verify that the latest version is compatible with the most recent game patches?

If this mod contains any .ts4script files then they must be placed correctly in your Mods folder for them to work. The Sims 4 will only go one sub-folder deep when looking for script mods. Also please double check that you have enabled both mods and script mods in your Game Options.

script mods.JPG

Message 6 of 8 (17,425 Views)

★ Novice

Hello..I tried what you were saying but it's still not working. 

Message 7 of 8 (13,771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same

Message 8 of 8 (13,261 Views)