Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

where to find sims 4 game bin on ea desktop

by bunnies270

Original Post

Accepted Solution

where to find sims 4 game bin on ea desktop

★★★ Novice

I have ea desktop and I am trying to find the game/bin folder but I can't find it in the program files folder. 

Message 1 of 5 (857 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: where to find sims 4 game bin on ea desktop

@bunnies270  Please check both Program Files and Program Files (x86) for a folder named EA Desktop App or something similar.  I don't think the app installs to the Origin Games folder if it's not already there, but look for that folder too.

Or you can open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and search for "TS4_x64" in the upper right corner.  When you see the file, highlight it and click "Open file location," which will take you to the Bin folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (844 Views)

All Replies

@bunnies270  Please check both Program Files and Program Files (x86) for a folder named EA Desktop App or something similar.  I don't think the app installs to the Origin Games folder if it's not already there, but look for that folder too.

Or you can open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and search for "TS4_x64" in the upper right corner.  When you see the file, highlight it and click "Open file location," which will take you to the Bin folder.

Message 2 of 5 (845 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello! I could not find TS4x64 anywhere on my pc. I found where the sims 4 was installed for ea desktop and it wouldn’t show any folders for the game bin. I also don’t have origin installed. I only have ea desktop and installed the game on there. I’ve been trying to avoid using origin launcher as it was causing my cpu to max to 100% every time it opened. I think that if you just have ea desktop it doesn’t allow you to access those folders. Thank you for your help though

Message 3 of 5 (805 Views)

@bunnies270  Are you saying you can't open the Sims 4 folder in program files, or that there isn't a Game folder inside?  If it's the latter, I'd like to see a screenshot of what is inside the folder.

I will say though that if Sims 4 launches at all, there has to be a TS4_x64.exe somewhere on your computer, or at least a TS4.exe if you run the Legacy Edition.

By the way, you can always install a game through Origin and launch it through the desktop app, if that makes things easier for you.

Message 4 of 5 (798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if you right click your game shortcut, hit properties and then click show file location, it will open your bin.

Message 5 of 5 (558 Views)
Twitter Stream