Re: where to find sims 4 game bin on ea desktop

by bunnies270

Original Post

Accepted Solution

where to find sims 4 game bin on ea desktop

★★★ Novice

I have ea desktop and I am trying to find the game/bin folder but I can't find it in the program files folder. 

Message 1 of 9 (25,248 Views)

Accepted Solution

@bunnies270  Please check both Program Files and Program Files (x86) for a folder named EA Desktop App or something similar.  I don't think the app installs to the Origin Games folder if it's not already there, but look for that folder too.

Or you can open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and search for "TS4_x64" in the upper right corner.  When you see the file, highlight it and click "Open file location," which will take you to the Bin folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (25,229 Views)

All Replies

@bunnies270  Please check both Program Files and Program Files (x86) for a folder named EA Desktop App or something similar.  I don't think the app installs to the Origin Games folder if it's not already there, but look for that folder too.

Or you can open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and search for "TS4_x64" in the upper right corner.  When you see the file, highlight it and click "Open file location," which will take you to the Bin folder.

Message 2 of 9 (25,230 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello! I could not find TS4x64 anywhere on my pc. I found where the sims 4 was installed for ea desktop and it wouldn’t show any folders for the game bin. I also don’t have origin installed. I only have ea desktop and installed the game on there. I’ve been trying to avoid using origin launcher as it was causing my cpu to max to 100% every time it opened. I think that if you just have ea desktop it doesn’t allow you to access those folders. Thank you for your help though

Message 3 of 9 (25,190 Views)

@bunnies270  Are you saying you can't open the Sims 4 folder in program files, or that there isn't a Game folder inside?  If it's the latter, I'd like to see a screenshot of what is inside the folder.

I will say though that if Sims 4 launches at all, there has to be a TS4_x64.exe somewhere on your computer, or at least a TS4.exe if you run the Legacy Edition.

By the way, you can always install a game through Origin and launch it through the desktop app, if that makes things easier for you.

Message 4 of 9 (25,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if you right click your game shortcut, hit properties and then click show file location, it will open your bin.

Message 5 of 9 (24,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict i just logged in only to tell you this... the same thing like @bunnies270 happened to me and tysm!!! your advice helped i highlighted it and it brought me to bin <3
Message 6 of 9 (23,809 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There isnt a Game file in my Sims 4 Folder

Message 7 of 9 (17,545 Views)

@hqwpulz47872  Then you're looking in the wrong folder, that is if your computer runs Windows.  Do NOT look inside Documents > Electronic Arts.  Instead, look within the game's program files, which by default would be in one of these locations:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 4

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 4

Message 8 of 9 (17,502 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @hqwpulz47872,

Hopefully the advise Puzzles shared helps you with this. If it does give that post some XP. If not, please pop open a new and fresh thread on this topic and share a bit more about what you're running into now and the steps you've already tried to sort it. That'll help get the ball rolling. We'll close this older thread out here in the meantime to limit necroposting.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 9 (17,392 Views)