Re: when using male shirts on female Sim it looks horrible

by ChapelParalysis

Original Post

when using male shirts on female Sim it looks horrible

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I love a lot of the male outfits, and I'm happy they added the option to use clothing regardless of gender.

Except I have one big complaint, when I want to use a male targeted shirt on my female body sim it simply looks as if someone put tape inside of the shirt and glued it in-between the cleavage instead of the shirt naturally fitting across the *, I wear male shirts all the time irl and this only really happens to me when I wear a shirt that's multiple sizes above my own without a sports bra... 

even without a bra when I wear male tops my size this doesn't happen.

Please make a fix for this as I really really love so much of the male clothing options but still want to keep my *.

Message 1 of 19 (1,334 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Lysanne201 

In the prepubescent ages the male and females body frame is not that different. But after that it starts to change considerably (for the most part) If you adjust the chest part to be more diminutive I'm sure the male shirt would fit your Sim better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 19 (1,294 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I play with a young adult sim and the chest size isn't something I would want to change honestly

Message 3 of 19 (1,287 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Lysanne201 

Then I suggest that you give your Sim clothes that fit her better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 19 (1,264 Views)

Champion

@Lysanne201 Hi!  I feel your pain.  This doesn't help you but she doesn't look as bad as I was expecting.  Have you tried putting female tops on male sims?  Terrible! lol  It would be wonderful if they could make the clothing fit either gender without morphing their bodies.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 19 (1,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

it depends a bit on the angle and the outfit how it looks, some come out slightly better then others, but a bunch just look really bad, I haven't tried putting female tops on male sims yet.

Message 6 of 19 (1,237 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@jpkarlsen I don’t think this post is looking for that kind of advice or temporary fix! This is a feedback post, explaining that the way that the “masculine” coded clothes currently fit on female bodies looks really wonky and should absolutely be fixed.

It’s the same thing with the “feminine” coded bottoms - the high-waisted jeans sit ridiculously low on the hips of male-bodied Sims. This is pretty common negative feedback about CAS and EA should be aware.
Message 7 of 19 (1,219 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ChapelParalysis 

There simply is no simple "fix". As I explained to the OP there are differences in the male and female bodies that has to be taken into account. They changed it so that males could  use female clothing and the other way around knowing that much of it would not look very good on the other gender just as in real life. Both you and the OP are welcome to suggest that they make male/female conversions but there simply is not a simple "fix" to the differences in the body frames of the sexes. There were two things the OP and you brought up. Male shirt not fitting very well. The male torso simply is much bigger than females. You mention that female jeans don't fit males very well. This is because females have wider hips than men.

I hope this has helped you understand what is involved.

Message 8 of 19 (1,206 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You're kind of ignoring the fact that I mentioned I do wear male targeted clothes irl with a female body.

Message 9 of 19 (1,186 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Lysanne201 

No I'm not ignoring that. I speak in general terms and there are some men's clothing that some women can wear without it looking bad but it isn't true for all men's clothes. I clearly don't know about you personally but I have seen average sized women that could wear most clothes from an average sized male teenagers (late teens) wardrobe without too much difficulty. Trousers of course would need considerable shortening of the legs as an average woman's height is about 165cm while a  male late teen would be about 180cm but if it was low cut jeans it will probably look alright on a woman. For some other kind of male pants it wouldn't look as good.

I'm in no way trying to tell you how you should dress that is up to you and if you should happen to be underage then your legal custodian as well. You are more than welcome to suggest that the developers create versions of male oriented clothes that will fit a female Sim better. If enough request it they may just do that.

Interestingly the average height of US citizens are 3-5CM (Female/Male) shorter than European counterparts. I don't know if it is related but the average US citizen also eats about three times as much fast-food as their European counterpart.

Happy gaming and I do hope that you find something that will fit your female sim better at least until there hopefully are made a conversion of that shirt you like.

Message 10 of 19 (1,179 Views)