Re: what am I suppose to do with this?

by 000Unavailable

Original Post

what am I suppose to do with this?

★★★ Apprentice

12-10-20_3-26-38 PM.png

seriously how my sims suppose to get in their apartment?

Message 1 of 6 (462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oh no... This was fixed with the Nov. patch. I guess it's back to the way it was now. Confused The Cantina door from Journey to Batuu is still missing as well. I think your Sims may still be able to walk through it @che117 . I had this problem before the Nov. patch with one of the Windenburg doors and they were still able to walk in the building. I hope this helps.

Message 2 of 6 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

They couldn'tConfused I ended up just teleported them and quit the game, fixed itself once I load back into the game 5 hours later. The problem is since it's apartment, I can't move/edit/delete the door, I was so tempted to just shift click and destroy it, because reset doesn't work as well.

Message 3 of 6 (405 Views)

★ Guide

@che117 I hope that doesn't happen to you again! Frown Maybe at some point we'll be able to replace apartment doors. It'd be awesome if we were able to build our own apartment buildings at some point.

Message 4 of 6 (359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@000UnavailableYou can technically now. Ive built a few. Build a 4 lvl apartment, give each apartment a front door, click on those doors and say "lock for everyone except bla bla bla sim".  If its a family, grab each family member and click the apartment door again using the command unlock for Bla bla bla sim. Repeat until each family member has access to that apartment. The only drawback to this is you cant have anyone over unless you unlock that door all together. If you do though, you risk having sims from other apartments come invade. To get around this, I usually make a common room or entertainment space that everyone from all 4 apartments share and guests can still come over using that "party room" to entertain in instead. Of course, this means you now "technically" have control of all (8 max) sims in that apartment complex and their part of your household. Its not a perfect system, but again.. a work around for building apartments in Sims 4. 

Also, there is a mod that will allow you to replace apartment doors and windows. But if you decide to try it, I would advise caution as you can really mess up your apartment complex and lock sims inside until they die, with no new sims being able to move in. This happens when you accidently delete the door all together and cant figure out the mod to put a new one in. 

Message 5 of 6 (323 Views)

★ Guide

Oh cool! Very brilliant. Thanks so much for your help. Large smile

Message 6 of 6 (285 Views)