visitors take leftovers in the fridge

by Kimo0wW

Original Post

visitors take leftovers in the fridge

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I really don't like the fact that visitors can just take leftovers from my fridge.

If you visit someone you can't just raid their fridge... So why is it that sims do? ...

They should only take food if I put it on a counter or table or something. Not from my fridge.

I really don't like this. This is really starting to annoy me when I play the game. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,151 Views)

Re: visitors take leftovers in the fridge

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Kimo0wW, I don't know if this is a bug or if it was intended. Wondering What you can do in the meantime, at least on some lots, is to lock any doors to the kitchen to only allow family members. Standard smile Still, this won't be much help in open-plan kitchens that are basically in the same room as the living room. Frown

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 9 (1,129 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Kimo0wW I actually prefer that. I'd rather them take my own crafted meals rather than attempting to cook something and burning my house down.
Message 3 of 9 (1,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

No I rather them not use my kitchen at all actually. They're only visitors. My home isnt a restaurant or a B&B :'D

Message 4 of 9 (1,096 Views)

★ Guide
@Kimo0wW you're right tho, I also hate it when visitor go to master bedroom and use the computer, but I can prevent this by locking the door. Unlike kitchen, some are in the same room as living room and there's no way to prevent this happen. TS4 Team need to change the script/code to make visitor behave more like a real-life visitor. I think this issue won't grab their attention and it will stay like this forever.
Message 5 of 9 (1,082 Views)

Champion

@AndyZhang2896  and @Kimo0wW , I know that in Island Living the neighbors are extra friendly and this is part of their culture, kind of like one big happy family Heart.  However, I have noticed this in my homes that aren't in Sulani! Disappointed 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 9 (1,065 Views)

★ Guide

@AndyZhang2896 well, can't we do something about that? Like... Send them the suggestion or something? :P

Message 7 of 9 (1,053 Views)

★ Guide

I think the point is that they shouldn’t do either. I don’t show up at someone’s house and start cooking nor do I just grab stuff from the fridge. Only household member should be allowed to do that. A visitor just ate my broke sim last meal. Wtf I also noticed they keep sitting on the floor when there are plenty of tables. That has gotten  worse. Now I’m just looking for a mod to fix it because we all should know by now EA don’t care. They will just say it’s a feature. To them anything stupid and frustrating is a feature

Message 8 of 9 (472 Views)

★ Guide
@CircuitD tbh I've actually stopped playing the game altogether because of all the bugs and issues it has... It used to be fun to play the sims but nowadays it's just... annoying. I do miss it sometimes tho... But when I eventually play it again after a while, within a few minutes I'm already annoyed again and just close the game :")
Message 9 of 9 (343 Views)