uninstall expansion packs sims 4

by KrinkleBug

Original Post

uninstall expansion packs sims 4

★★ Novice

I have sims 4 on pc and recently bought an expansion pack that I HATE. Is there a way I can uninstall that pack?

Message 1 of 6 (21,527 Views)

Re: uninstall expansion packs sims 4

@KrinkleBug  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 general discussion section.

You can delete the folder for the pack, although Origin will try to redownload it sooner or later.  Each pack's folder is labeled by type (expansion, game, stuff) and release order, e.g. Eco Lifestyle is EP09, Realm of Magic is GP08.  Unless you changed the default install path in Origin, the packs' folders will be located in Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 in Windows.  In macOS, there is a separate The Sims 4 Packs folder in the same location as the base game, either Applications or Users\username\Applications.

Origin will try to download any missing packs whenever you update Sims 4, or (I think) repair it, or clear Origin's cache or reset it (macOS).  You can cancel the download, if you catch it in time, by hovering over the Download Manager in the lower left corner of the Origin window and Xing out the download.  Sometimes Origin won't start the download until you launch the game, so be sure to tab back to Origin to check.

Or, if you want to skip all that noise, you can disable a pack from loading.  Here's how:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (21,495 Views)

★ Novice

so im curious if you can still use this method with the most recent sims 4 update.... ive tried and it simply doesnt disable the packs. i REALLY dont like eco living and Parenthood at this point is more of a burden than helpful, and i have tried using the tool ou linked and following the instructions given, but i still get the "your town's eco footprint is..."  dialogue when i load my game and my kids still have the extra part of their simology tab. the worst part is that i did have this working before the update and had eco living removed from my gameplay, but now i cant seem to get it working again...

Message 3 of 6 (18,977 Views)

Hero
@courtbug2010 Works still fine for me. Just used it.

Could you screenshot the line you're putting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (18,961 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@courtbug2010 You can disable ecco living game play in the sim 4 game play options and also the Get Famous
Message 5 of 6 (13,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wish if we did not like the game, we could trade expansions and packs. I recently bought a new computer because my other one broke. Well i have over 900 hours of data LOST but my neighbors were my freaking old characters. So, I was still using the same computer that crashed the screen was just messed it up so i had it plugged to my tv to use it. I recently like a week ago got this computer. Sadly, didn't listen to my extremely tech savvy dad who told me it's not going to work like I want. Hes had me spoiled with the best of the best "his hand me downs" but he truly games like WOW and other games. Anyway, Downloading the new game to the new Computer. I created a new character; it's been slow and glitchy. Well, every time id go to open the game it warned me, not enough disk space could cause issues i figured just simply lagging etc. When i aged up my whole computer glitched the needs werent moving but the sims was failing, when i saved and got off and back on there was NO HOUSE!! All my animals and party guests just standing around. I kept telling her to go home she would throw her hands up, She peed herself several times, i tried loading it to several hours before, no. looked at the lot on a different character the house isn't even there empty lot. I built this house. So i did all this research and tried everything everyone said, but sadly realized it was my storage not being able to read the data. so im thinking about deleting the packs i don't care for so i can at least not lose my data. 

Message 6 of 6 (3,882 Views)