two origin accounts 1 with packs 1 without

by tanyap2110

Original Post

two origin accounts 1 with packs 1 without

★★★ Newbie

so i had an origin account that had a bunch of packs added to it but i’ve lost access to it so i’m having to start again - i want to play with my families (im on the same computer so all my files are there) on the new account but obviously i can’t just repurchase all the packs i previously had so i was wondering what would happen if i did log in and play them- would i have lost a lot of the things i had built up for them (friendships/uni scholarships etc) and have to start again or would it potentially kick off where i left when i finally got around to readding the packs.

Message 1 of 2 (222 Views)

Re: two origin accounts 1 with packs 1 without

[ Edited ]

@tanyap2110  If you don't play these saves until you re-add all the missing packs, the saves should be fine.  You may want to make backup copies of the save files themselves, just to be cautious; the files are in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves.  You can back up this entire folder if you want, and put it back any time.

If you open the saves while you're missing your packs, they might be corrupted beyond repair.  Some might not be accessible at all, the most obvious example being saves that take place in expansion worlds.  But a sim with an occult state from a missing pack might also be corrupt, and of course jobs, traits, etc. from missing packs would disappear.  Removing an expansion pack would have a significant effect, maybe making the game unloadable; removing a stuff pack might be fine, depending on what items from that pack were present in your save.

I'm honestly not sure which sims, and which saves, would still be playable; it might be hit or miss.  But as long as you had backup copies of the saves, you could experiment without worrying about the consequences.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (186 Views)