Re: transfer sims to origin from stea

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

transfer sims to origin from stea

★★ Novice

I got sims from Steam and can I able to get the game to show in Origin.

To be exact. I bought sims 4 from steam which is PC version but the game is running laggy, i would like to install it on my Mac. Am I able to transfer the game to origin instead? since the game is supported on both OS.

Message 1 of 5 (392 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Domitaino - You should be able to redeem your TS4 game key from Steam in Origin.

First, in Steam, right-click the game in your Library tab and choose "View Game CD key" to get the game key. Copy or write it down.

Then redeem your key in your EA Account: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/redemption/index

Make sure that you log in to the Origin Account you use for your games. Once the game is registered, you should be able to download and install it on your Mac.

Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 5 (327 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you black jack widow. I will try that today and let you know how it goes. Appreciate the help. 

Message 3 of 5 (319 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried to follow your steps but I am not getting a cd key prompt when I right click. Can it be because I purchased a digital copy? Are the step different when the copy is digital? 

Message 4 of 5 (294 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Domitaino - I think you're supposed to have a digital key, too. There is a small help article on Steam on how to retrieve it - they say to verify the game cache files if you're not getting the choice to "View Game CD" : https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Just had another thought - Do you have to run Origin when playing from Steam? If you do, it may already be registered to your Origin account. Have you tried installing Origin without Steam and logging into your EA account. It may already be registered to your account. 

If you can't run it in Origin, I'm not sure - you might have to contact Steam support to get the key? I don't think there's any way that EA Help would be able to cross-reference it. Please reply back & let us know how this goes. 

Message 5 of 5 (265 Views)