Re: toilet setting on fire

by RavenLure

Original Post

toilet setting on fire

★★★★ Novice

my sims keep using the toilet and starting a fire, it'd be funny if one of my sims didn't nearly die. this glitch has never happend to me before so im guessing it came about from the newest update.

Message 1 of 19 (2,251 Views)

Why are there flames on the inside of toilets?

★ Apprentice

Since the last PS4 update June 3rd I think, does not happen a lot not does it burn you if you use the toilet, flames disappear after a flushing. 

Not sure I want it patched its funny as hell.

Message 2 of 19 (2,209 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is a known issue. I have it happen all the time. but never had I had a sim nearly die because of it.

Here is the Link in Bugs.. Hit the Me Too on it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Seeing-flames-in-the-toilet-when-it-is-being-used/m-p/917...

Message 3 of 19 (2,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@YeeHaw984, have your Sims upgraded the toilet to either have the Composting Container or upgraded it instantly to apply all of the upgrades (which would then include the Composting Container upgrade)? Wondering  If so, that is most likely why your Sims are catching on fire since compost is made of organic material, and organic material is combustible! I think this upgrade has a chance of causing fires if you don't use the compost it makes. Raised eyebrow

If you do have the upgrade, you can try to test it by placing a new toilet without the upgrade on your lot and see if the same thing happens. Thinking

Please update us on what happens! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 19 (2,208 Views)

★★★ Guide

My toilets have never been upgraded and they still do this LOL.

Message 5 of 19 (2,204 Views)

Champion

@RavenLure, mine have had flames, but so far no Sims have caught fire!   I have yet to upgrade them, but I don't know why my Sims haven't caught fire yet if it is a bug!?!? WonderingRaised eyebrow

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 19 (2,193 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It is not quite clear what causes it. some say it is after the composting upgrade but several have reported it with no upgrades done and personally with all updates done I have never seen it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 19 (2,159 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

You can really see it with the toilet with the wooden seat.. it has a smaller base and you can see it.. but also if you look from the top down you can see the flames as your sim sits down.. and I hear a sound faintly of a flame starting like on a gas stove.   No upgrades here all toilets and lots. I think it is hysterical, well as long as no sims gets hurt.

Message 8 of 19 (2,146 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RavenLure 

I have seen pictures of it but never seen it in my game. Looks funny.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 19 (2,114 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 no i dont have any upgrades, i bought a new toilet and it hasnt done it for a while
Message 10 of 19 (2,108 Views)