by Kdlax10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

there is a random duplicate of a sim

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, cats and dogs, city living, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, vampires, laundry day stuff, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, bowling night stuff, vintage glamour stuff, romantic garden stuff, movie night stuff, holiday celebration pack, grim's ghoulish guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea. I went to play my game on 05/23/2020 and saw that there was a random duplicate of a sim. I have no clue how he got there.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing really happens. It's not affecting the game at all. Although when I click on the real sim it shows all the correct information and the clone also shows some of the same info but not all (it's how I can tell the two apart). Also when I go to the real sim's home it takes me to where the clone is.
What do you expect to see? No the clone sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi so uh I got into my game and I was playing for a while and my sim ran into another one of my sims in the game and then later on my sim ran into that same sim again but it when I hovered over the actions it said friendly introduction and I was really confused. Anyway I realized that was a clone of the sim. I have no clue how that sim got cloned (I rarely play as that sim) I do have the magic realm pack but it doesn't really seem like a clone from the spell there, I basically kept the clone in my sim's house seeing if I could maybe kill the sim and that would solve the problem but he didn't die. I called the original sim to my home and he showed up, then i clicked on the map and went to manage worlds and went to the original sim's home and clicked on him and it took me back to where the clone sim was in my sim's home. I have no clue what happened, I've already uninstalled the game and reinstalled and I also checked for any updates and there weren't any and I also repaired the game and the clone was right where I left him. 

Message 1 of 17 (6,891 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: there is a random duplicate of a sim

Hero
@Kdlax10 It looks like you have a whole family of clones. They don't have the same ID though so they're not the same Sim. It's odd that it would take you to the wrong household when loading.

Which one is your original family ? There's a family called Iron Losers that doesn't live anywhere that just seems clones of other Sims you have. Did you place them ?

As @Rae_Regenbogen says, if you have them saved in the library it can happen that the game uses them as template for another NPCs family. They should always be different Sims so I'm confused why it would load a different household

You should be able to just delete the clone family through the household manager.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 17 (6,684 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Kdlax10 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (6,851 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sure! Can you walk me through on how to turn it into a zip file please? 

Message 3 of 17 (6,824 Views)

Hero
@Kdlax10 There's instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/7368675#M83549

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (6,817 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict gotchu thank you so much! I'm sending you the link now.
Message 5 of 17 (6,766 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Kdlax10 Hey! Sometimes this happens to me when I have a family saved to the library. Have you looked to see if the sim is somehow showing up in your “not in world” households?
Message 6 of 17 (6,735 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Rae_Regenbogen No I actually haven’t, I’ll try that later. Thanks for the tip
Message 7 of 17 (6,715 Views)

Hero
@Kdlax10 It looks like you have a whole family of clones. They don't have the same ID though so they're not the same Sim. It's odd that it would take you to the wrong household when loading.

Which one is your original family ? There's a family called Iron Losers that doesn't live anywhere that just seems clones of other Sims you have. Did you place them ?

As @Rae_Regenbogen says, if you have them saved in the library it can happen that the game uses them as template for another NPCs family. They should always be different Sims so I'm confused why it would load a different household

You should be able to just delete the clone family through the household manager.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (6,685 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict The iron losers that live in a house r the real ones, the ones that don’t live anywhere I guess r the clones. I didn’t place the clones. Also I agree that’s kinda weird how the game would just load the same house hold of it already exists in the game. And I’ll try and deleting the clones. Thank you both so much!
Message 9 of 17 (6,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict Hello there, I am fairly new to the Sims4. I also noticed I have a duplicate Sim in my game! Same name and same dog... however, the original is placed in Newcrest. The duplicate person and dog, when checking the household manager, is "currently not in this world". I first noticed this happening in Brindleton Bay, when I took my pet to the vet. Suddenly there was a duplicate person and dog, but I thought it was just a one time bug. Later on, I saw the duplicate person in Pupperstone Park (also Brindleton Bay). I do not use any custom content or cheats, I only downloaded a house or two from the gallery. I picked houses which mostly use items from the packs I own. Other items I don't own were automatically removed by the game, according to a pop-up message. I thought this would be fine, but perhaps this actually causes the duplicate issue?

Is it right to conclude the game took them and turned them into NPC even though the original family lives in a house?

But most importantly: could I delete the "currently not in world" duplicate family, or would that also delete the original family from Newcrest? It does bother me and my gameplay, because the love interest of this Sim now knows two of the same guys. It's complicated Disappointed I attached screencaps from the household manager. The yellow circled one is original family, red circled is duplicate.

Thank you so much in advance for your help. I don't really want to play further until this is solved. Frown

Message 10 of 17 (6,551 Views)