the 'try for a baby' bug

by sofiatattoo

Original Post

the 'try for a baby' bug

★★★ Newbie

my sims can not ''try for a baby'', its not about something I'm doing wrong I've being playing sims 4 for about 5 months now and since last month everytime I click ''try for a baby'' they just glitch, froze, they do nothing and the action just disappears. Even a sims i had not played with since i startet playing and she was pregnant when i left her, now she can't move, i can play with everybody else on the household like normal and she just standing there for days peeing herself and starving and smelling. It says on the board that she is in labour but she is stuck for days. I thought I need to update the game and it did nothing, i tryied the ''repair'' still nothing.. I have the online version of the game I bought it through origin.. Somebody please help me i can't play like this anymore and i don't want to delete the game and reinstall it. also the can woohoo normally

Message 1 of 3 (786 Views)

Re: the 'try for a baby' bug

Champion (Retired)

@sofiatattoo 

If they can woohoo but there is no option to try for baby it is most likely that the pregnancy would exceed to maximum  number of sims in a household (8).

What you describe sounds like a Mod issue.

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (764 Views)

Re: the 'try for a baby' bug

Champion

For the Sim that's in labor - can you click on her at all? If so, what happens when you tell her to have the baby in hospital? Does she respond with a routing fail, glitch, or totally ignore it?

Did you try resetting her?

(Resetting a Sim: https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-reset-stuck-and-unresponsive-sims-in-the-sims... )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 3 of 3 (728 Views)