Re: the sims 4-zombie apocalypse

by SheriGR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

the sims 4-zombie apocalypse

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I delete the zombie mods because  in my game when a sim died they automatically transform in zombie.Now i play game with a new sim but when a sim die again this sim is a zombie and i don't want.How the sim died without zombie?p.s.yesterday when a sims died and become zombie,Grimm Reaper just bite a sim(which is not zombie) and then is zombie.

Message 1 of 7 (4,994 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@MirandaKosarin 

Please try the following in this exact order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. Also delete any other folders in the 'Sims 4' folder with word cache in the name. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any or your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method. Let me know if you need directions on this.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (4,936 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

Unfortunately if it's the same mod I used a couple of months back the only way I could get rid of it completely was to start a brand new save because some mods yes you can delete them but traces can linger in your save that's why I stopped using them. Just to clarify was it the zombie mod that courses planes to fly around and drop gas everywhere because if it is you will have to make a new save file.

Message 2 of 7 (4,970 Views)

Champion

@MirandaKosarin 

Please try the following in this exact order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. Also delete any other folders in the 'Sims 4' folder with word cache in the name. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any or your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method. Let me know if you need directions on this.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 7 (4,937 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am new to this place and sims 4, the mod is great but I want to turn the zombie's voice off.

Is there a way to turn it off?, checked the mod folder and there are textures and items, packs. Its probably inside the pack.. any hope?

Message 4 of 7 (3,002 Views)

★★ Guide
@yjr123123 To find out information of that sort, you'd need to go to the creator to find out more. Many of them have a discord where you can ask things about their specific mod. EA/Maxis doesn't have any control over how mod creators structure their mods to be able to tell you how to do what you want.
Message 5 of 7 (2,975 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KatAnubis thank you! will do.
Message 6 of 7 (2,962 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I feel you! It happened the same to me and that was really boring. So, I've deleted it too. 

Message 7 of 7 (2,930 Views)