the sims 4 round terrace

by Ljusy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

the sims 4 round terrace

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, 

I am new at building in TS4 and i have no idea how to merge terraces, i don’t know how

to delete some parts of walls, can you give me advice, thank you Standard smile

Message 1 of 9 (655 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Ljusy  Hello!  I don't believe those fences will automatically connect because it looks like the decks did not connect when they were placed.  I don't know how they were placed originally.  So, I suggest starting over and replacing the decks. The spoiler contains the steps to recreate the terrace as shown in the youtube video you saw.  However, because your house's walls are shaped differently, you'll have to adjust a little.  The left side deck will protrude into the house. Once you place the decks and delete the fencing, you can redraw the house walls using the wall tool.

Check this out.  Hopefully this helps.

https://youtu.be/G8ZcYYd2O-w

Spoiler

Once you place the first deck, grab the next one and use the positioning lines to make sure they connect.

Positioning.png

Once the decks are in place. There there will be lots of fencing in the middle but don't delete them yet.

TerraceTemplate.png

Select the two front sections, one at a time and use the arrows to drag the middle sections toward the house.

TerraceTemplate2.png

TerraceTemplate3.png

Now you can delete all the interior fencing to finish the terrace.

FinishedTerrace.png

Here's a video that shows how I created this.

https://youtu.be/09bMg_Nq5xo

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (584 Views)

All Replies

Re: the sims 4 round terrace

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Ljusy Hi!  I completely understand your frustration here.  There are a number of limitations.  I'm not the best at building but I have learned a few of the tricks.  When it comes to shaped rooms (not just the standard cube) there are definitely difficulties merging them.  I wasn't exactly sure what you were going for based on your picture and I wasn't able to replicate your build exactly.  I just guessed you were trying to do something like this...
RoundedTerrace.png

If that's what you were looking for.  It's probably easiest for you to combine a Rounded Deck (Large) with a Rounded Deck.  The below video shows how I created this.

https://youtu.be/Oqkxq4-l4uY

Edit: If you wanted to make the deck even more rounded.  You'll need to expand the footprint using the Rounded Deck (X Large) and the Rounded Deck (Large).
RoundedTerrace2.png

Here's a video showing how I made that one.

https://youtu.be/9prGYkLcY28

Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 9 (623 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

thank you for your reply Standard smile i meant like i cannot delete some parts of terrace and i would like to join them as you can see on the picture 

Message 3 of 9 (605 Views)

The Sims 4

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, 

I would like to ask for advice. Yesterday i tried to build round terrace from more terraces and when i want to connect them i am not allowed to remove some walls, what am i doing wrong ? You can see pictures from my home and as it should look like, thank you so much for advices ! 

Message 4 of 9 (617 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Ljusy Hi! It looks like your posts have been merged.  Apologies for any confusion. The spoiler here contains suggestions based on the youtube video you saw.  Please see my post below that includes a video loosely based on your design.

Spoiler

Ah okay.  I don't really know a way to delete existing walls / fences and have the remaining ones merge.  I think the easiest thing to do is to add the rounded decks a bit at a time.  When you overlay them, they will automatically merge with each other.  Then you can modify the layout and delete extra walls that are created.  I tried to replicate the build in the last image you shared.  It's not exactly right but sort of close.

ModifiedTerrace.png

Maybe take some time to play around with placing the decks on top of each other to see how they behave.  Here's the video that shows how I created these ones.

https://youtu.be/YOiqMfSt9fk

Edit: I just found the video displayed in your shared image. I'm certain, she did what I was trying to explain here.  She set the decks on top of each other, then deleted the extra fencing in the middle.  Those speed builds are cool but kind of annoying when you're trying to figure out how they did certain things.  Also, I realized I placed mine one brick too far over.  If I had placed the left decks just one more brick to the right, I would've had a one brick opening like the one in that video.  Anyway, I hope this helps.  As I said, I'm no expert builder but let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to help.

Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 9 (592 Views)

Re: The Sims 4

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Ljusy  Hello!  I don't believe those fences will automatically connect because it looks like the decks did not connect when they were placed.  I don't know how they were placed originally.  So, I suggest starting over and replacing the decks. The spoiler contains the steps to recreate the terrace as shown in the youtube video you saw.  However, because your house's walls are shaped differently, you'll have to adjust a little.  The left side deck will protrude into the house. Once you place the decks and delete the fencing, you can redraw the house walls using the wall tool.

Check this out.  Hopefully this helps.

https://youtu.be/G8ZcYYd2O-w

Spoiler

Once you place the first deck, grab the next one and use the positioning lines to make sure they connect.

Positioning.png

Once the decks are in place. There there will be lots of fencing in the middle but don't delete them yet.

TerraceTemplate.png

Select the two front sections, one at a time and use the arrows to drag the middle sections toward the house.

TerraceTemplate2.png

TerraceTemplate3.png

Now you can delete all the interior fencing to finish the terrace.

FinishedTerrace.png

Here's a video that shows how I created this.

https://youtu.be/09bMg_Nq5xo

Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 9 (585 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I cannot believe, it worked ! Thank You very very much 💜💜💜 You have no idea how much you helped me ❤️ I can build my house now ❤️ 

Message 7 of 9 (564 Views)

Champion

@Ljusy You're very welcome!  I'm glad I was able to help you find the solution, even though it did take a while to get there. ;-)  Have fun playing!

Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 9 (558 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Finally I can have fun 😃 Thank You very much one more time and happy Simming ! 

Message 9 of 9 (549 Views)