Re: the Lottery may be bugged?

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

the Lottery may be bugged?

★★★★ Apprentice

So I started a new play though and its already summer and there hasn't been a lottery draw yet. I know it usually happens at least twice a year once in the spring and the second time near the end of fall. I'm just asking here because someone on the other sims forums mentioned it and I want to see if anyone else is experiencing it before we report it as a bug?

Message 1 of 6 (541 Views)

★★★★ Guide

When you mention it, I haven’t seen a lottery in a looong time. I think this issue may have also been addressed on a recent James Turner video? 

Message 2 of 6 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Takata5 I still see the Lottery on my end

but I know its rigged because I haven't won yet

Message 3 of 6 (481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

I think it might depend on how you set the season length in your Game Options. I play with the long 28-day seasons so I still see The Lottery at least once a year. If you have your calendar set for 7-day seasons, or even 14-day seasons, you might not see it every year. I think it's been this way ever since they fixed the random-holiday bug a few months back?

Btw- I actually did have a Sim win the Lottery a few weeks ago. She was a Uni student on a break between terms at Foxbury and she won 1 million Simoleons while on vacation in Selvadorada. She had a Dazed moodlet for like 3 days! xD

Message 4 of 6 (459 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hmm, ok so I think it is really bugged because it did come in a new play through, that Lynx lady won it the first time but it was one of her cats, however she did not receive her winnings! When it came around again it was the same cat that won it, I logged on as her to check and she still did not receive her winnings! The cat that keeps winning is that Bartholomew a Bittlebun cat!

Message 5 of 6 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Takata5 I just had The Lottery occur in my game last night. It's not the same save as I was playing before, but I'm still playing the long 28-day seasons. Some random NPC townie won it. I've heard of cats or dogs winning the Lottery before but I cannot recall if they received any winnings. I think it was considered a bug. I'll see if I can find that bug report.

Edit: Here's a link to the bug report on cats or dogs winning The Lottery. Apparently this is by design and not a bug.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-S-CD-Pets-winning-the-lottery/m-p/7000289#M71372

Message 6 of 6 (391 Views)