texts from other sims not appearing

by poppy_b12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

texts from other sims not appearing

★ Apprentice

so basically, I have watched a few lets plays that youtubers have made and they seem to be getting texts from other sims that pops up from the phone icon, the texts will say stuff like 'i saw you cheating, its not right' or if a sims family member passes there are texts from friends giving their condolences. I have university, city living, cats and dogs, get to work, seasons island living and parenthood. is the messages thing in the base game or do i need a pack for this.

thanks to anyone who can help.

Message 1 of 8 (1,035 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: texts from other sims not appearing

★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 i know it was a while ago when i brought up this issue, however, it seems to be working. i gave up on trying and then when the origin sale began, i purchased get together, and for some reason i am getting the messages now lol, im not too sure if the messages do come with get together or not but i am recieving them now!! thanks anyway for your help Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (893 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@poppy_b12, no the texts are from the base game.  It could be a glitch with just that household or lot, or even just that one save game file.  Is this just happening to one family?  Have you tried to create a new save game file from the Main Menu and play with Sims in the new file to see if they can get texts? Wondering
If it is just the one family, then you can have them travel to another location like a park, gym, or museum and then travel back home .  This sometimes fixes glitches.  If that doesn't work you can have them move and either move to a new house or else move out and then move back into the same house.  (But this is tedious with dealing with all their furniture, so this is more of a last resort). 

If your problem exists in multiple families, or especially in multiple save files, then the problem is a bit bigger.  You can try deleting the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

Then you can fix your game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.(If you are on a Mac it will only repair the base game). 

And finally, do you happen to play with any Mods or Custom Content (CC)? Wondering Outdated Mods and CC can cause problems in your game so you have to make sure that all of them are up to date and are compatible with the most recent EA game patch from June 10th.  To check to see if outdated Mods/CC are the problem (and to find which ones), please do all of the following:

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the  localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important)! Raised eyebrow

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.(Macs will only repair the base game). 

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

Once you have replaced all the outdated CC/Mods with ones compatible with the most recent EA update, then you can add your Mods folder back to your game. Standard smile

Please update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (990 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 i got sims a while ago even before i had cc in my game and i have never recieved any messages, i have tried removing my mods folder and then seeing if i got any messages ( i still didnt) and i repaired my game. thanks for your help.
Message 3 of 8 (963 Views)

Champion

@poppy_b12, You could try uninstalling and reinstalling your game.  This has helped others with problems.

Message 4 of 8 (959 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 i know it was a while ago when i brought up this issue, however, it seems to be working. i gave up on trying and then when the origin sale began, i purchased get together, and for some reason i am getting the messages now lol, im not too sure if the messages do come with get together or not but i am recieving them now!! thanks anyway for your help Standard smile
Message 5 of 8 (894 Views)

Champion

@poppy_b12, thank you so much for updating us! Angel I'm happy you are getting your texts in the game now! 

Message 6 of 8 (869 Views)

★ Novice
@PugLove888 This helped me so much thank you😭💕
Message 7 of 8 (809 Views)

Champion

@aina410 , I'm glad this helped you!  Thanks for informing us! Angel

Message 8 of 8 (783 Views)