Re: terrain won't flatten

by Reitanna

Original Post

terrain won't flatten

★★★ Apprentice

08-09-20_11-22-09 PM.png

as you can see, there's this bit of terrain that is covering most of the foundation. this is in sulani, and it was on a different lot, but i don't know when this happened, because i didn't notice it until i was trying to add floor tiles. i saved it to my library and then put it on this lot, but the problem isn't fixed. i even move the building around the lot, and the terrain follows it. i've tried bulldozing the terrain and flattening the lot, but nothing happens. if i raise the foundation, the raised terrain stays at the same level, and the foundation shows. trying to lower the terrain only lowers around the spot the building is sitting on. this is SO FRUSTRATING because i need to set down floor tiles! how can i fix this?

Message 1 of 5 (3,445 Views)

@Reitanna

Do you have a basement with staircase?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (3,372 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yes, but this happened before i put the basement and staircase. also, no other lot with a basement and staircase has this problem.

Message 3 of 5 (3,343 Views)

Hero

@Reitanna 

If you have a basement, then go to build mode and go down to the basement level.  Click on the floor and you should see a double arrow (up/down) somewhere around the middle of the floor along with the arrows to move walls..  Grab that arrow and slowly drag down on it to lower the basement.  That should fix your problem.  You can flip between the ground level and basement level as you do it so you don't lower the basement any more than you need to.

Given the way it looks in your pic, your basement is probably one tile wider than the ground floor.  

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 5 (3,324 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

thank you, i will try it

Message 5 of 5 (3,275 Views)