Re: teacher homework

by imjuliewaters

Original Post

Hero
@ilyahna Maybe there's something blocking at the home ? Bit hard to tell. Did you try moving furniture around a bit ? Do you have any lights above the table ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 27 (2,082 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I had the Sim go to a community lot and they were able to grade the homework there, when they got back home they still could not grade homework. I then moved the Sim to a different lot (a different house) and they were able to grade the homework there. I then took the original house I had them in, saved it to my library and plopped it onto the new house lot. Again, my Sim can no longer grade homework. I then went back to the original lot, demolished that house and built a new one and moved my Sim back over there. Still no luck on grading homework. I then put them back onto the 2nd lot I had them move too and built them a new house there and now they cannot grade homework again.
Message 12 of 27 (2,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@imjuliewaters Really curious.

Do you still have the house in the gallery that didn't work ? What lot was it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 27 (2,029 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict

I circled the 2 lots I had/have the Sim living at and also tried out various desks and 2 island counters (one CC and one not). Neither island counter would let the Sim grade homework at it (the non-CC counter is not in the photo).  https://imgur.com/a/8jdM6sI As long as I have an empty desk with nothing on it, the Sim can grade homework there. I also tried going to some additional lots to see if the Sim could do homework there and it seems that only certain tables/chairs would work. 

Message 14 of 27 (2,007 Views)

Hero
@imjuliewaters If something else is blocking, like the laptop, I can see why it's not working. Does it work on other desk that have laptops on them ?

The island counters seem to generally not work for homework either atm, so that might be the same bug or just not possible.

I'll check out that small desk.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 27 (1,989 Views)

Hero
@imjuliewaters Moving this to General discussion as I don't think it's a bug.

As you say, it works as long as you have an empty table or desk space.

Please tag me if anyone can't grade despite having available space.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 27 (1,948 Views)

Sim in Teacher career won't grade homework

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Realm of magic, vampires, spa pack, my first pet stuff, laundry day stuff and sports stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the teacher career, click on their padfolio and ask to grade homework
What happens when the bug occurs? When I ask them to grade homework, from inventory or from the item in the world, they complain their is no room or an obstruction of some kind.
What do you expect to see? Them grading the homework until it's complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I made a sim today in the teacher career and she will not do the Grade Homework daily task for her career progress, she complains everytime that their is no room or an obstruction, I tried moving furniture, taking her outside, putting the item in the world, restarting the game. I still get the same problem.

Message 17 of 27 (1,933 Views)

Re: Sim in Teacher career won't grade homework

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Polarfairy Someone else had this issue, I think they were using a small desk that gave them issues. I was never able to duplicate this but could you try switching out the desk for something else ?

EDIT: Here's the other thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/teacher-homework/td-p/8696385

Could you maybe also try a different house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 27 (1,926 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict This was totally my bad, I didn't realize they needed a desk, I thought it would be similar to kids doing their homework.
Message 19 of 27 (1,869 Views)

Hero
@Polarfairy I was able to get them to grade at the dinner table iirc.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 27 (1,856 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help