by crinrict

Original Post

teacher homework

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions installed except tiny living, vampires, pets, and strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? attempt to grade homework as a teacher in the teacher career
What happens when the bug occurs? each time I've tried to interact with the homework as a teacher, the sim gestures that an obstacle is preventing him from interacting with the homework. I've tried moving it to every surface in the house. I've moved the sim independently to each room to ensure there's not an obstacle I'm missing. I've deleted the homework portfolio and bought a new one and the same issue occurs.
What do you expect to see? the teacher should be able to interact with the homework.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 27 (27,163 Views)

Re: teacher homework

Hero
Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Will test this on the weekend if I can duplicate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (27,116 Views)

Teacher Padfolio Issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi! At the beginning of January, I got the Sims4 University pack. I was pretty excited! I’ve made two characters to attend the different universities they offered in the expansion town. As college IRL kicked off, I found I really struggled sometimes to play the characters I’d made and loved previously, as active college students themselves, when thinking about my own homework....

BUT THEN I found out there’s other stuff in this expansion too!! Like the education career path!

So today I made two new sims, and built them a house together  for fun. I started one Sims career path on the education career. Things have been going smoothly. However, now that she’s on level 2 of the career path, her daily task has become “Grade Homework In Teachers Padfolio”. I quickly realized that this is a thing in her inventory, appropriately similar to homework. However, every. Single. Time. I try to get her to do grade the homework, the icon appears and she waves her arms around like she can’t physically get to it. I’ve tried selecting this from her inventory, I’ve tried having her place her padfolio into the world, and I’ve tried physically dropping it into the world myself, however— none of it works!!! She CANNNOOOTTT do this, and I feel so frustrated, it’s effecting her performance. I tried searching around the internet but it seems no one else has encountered this issue or posted about it... There seems to be a glitch where some players can’t find the padfolio, but that’s not my issue. Please help me if you have any idea about this. Thank you!

tldr: I can’t make my sim do her daily task of grading homework in the teachers padfolio

(removed formatting and text blocks to make it easier to read) - Atic 

Message 3 of 27 (27,108 Views)

Hero
@ilyahna @Nikki_3280

I tested this with my Sim and it worked fine so couple questions for you:

- Is your Sim living in a house or apartment ?
- Is there a desk or table space she can use to grade them and is the Sim able to use that otherwise ?
- Is your Sim some kind of occult ? Vamps ? Spellcaster ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (27,064 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@ilyahna @Nikki_3280
Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 27 (26,947 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I am having the same issue. There is nothing in my Sims way and she has an empty table and chair to use, but she always waves her arm around when I try to queue her up to grade the homework. She is living in a house and is nothing more than a normal Sim. I am running game version 1.61.15.1020.
Message 6 of 27 (26,824 Views)

Hero
@imjuliewaters Could you test a different save if it works there ? Any mods or cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 27 (26,805 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I do use both mods and CC and took them out on one of my test runs with my original teacher Sim to see if that was the cause of the issue and it still happened.

I just tried the Education career on a Sim in a different save and they were able to grade the homework with no issue.

I also tried it on a new save and it works there too.
Message 8 of 27 (26,772 Views)

Hero
@imjuliewaters Could you move the Sim to a different house and test the same Sim in a different location to further narrow down what's causing it?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 27 (26,736 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, sorry to just be getting back to this, I didn't see the notifications. 

My Sim was able to grade the homework only after he left the world he was in. After he returned home he didn't have an issue with it, but I still don't know what was wrong in the home the first time. 

It seems from reading that maybe traveling to a different location, grading the homework there, and returning home fixes the issue.

Message 10 of 27 (26,718 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help