Re: switching The Sims 4 game from one computer to another w/o messing anything

by crinrict

Original Post

switching The Sims 4 game from one computer to another w/o messing anything up

★★★ Newbie

If you bought the Sims 4 game and I want to put the game on another device that does not have a cd rom; how can I copy it to the other device?  I've tried using my flash drive but something seems to be going wrong.  I can also pull up my info on the other device and I can select download it but I need to know that it will not erase or mess up what has been done.  I purchased the game online.  Please help.

Message 1 of 3 (484 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Log in to Origin with your account. Rightclick the Game in your Game library and select Install. That's it.

You can have the game on multible computers but only play on one at a time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (476 Views)

Hero

As I understand it, you want to move over your save games as well, right ?

Find instructions to copy your user files here: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

Then just paste them to the new user folder on your new computer and everything should be as before. (after installing and starting the game once)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (461 Views)