splitting household

by ragelbagel24

Original Post

Accepted Solution

splitting household

★★★ Newbie

I want to split 2 married Sims out of their current household but it won't let me. When I go to "create new household" it tells me, "Not in current world" or "select different household". I don't have the little Sim and plus sign button. I'm using a MacBook Pro.

Message 1 of 5 (12,043 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: splitting household

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@ragelbagel24 When the game says "Currently Not in World" that just means they are homeless, i.e. they are in your game but they do not live in any of the residential lots in your game.

While in the Manage Worlds screen click on the Manage Households icon. Find the household you'd like to split making sure to check in both "My Households" and "Other Households" tabs and then click on that family.

manage1.JPG

In the Household screen you'll see an option to "Transfer Sims between households" (the icon looks like two arrows) select that option. The next screen is the Household Split and Merge screen.

manage2.JPG

Highlight the Sims you want to transfer to a new household and click the "Create a New Household" in the upper right and use the arrow keys to move those Sims into the New Household. Use the Transfer Funds section to transfer Simoleons to the new household.

manage3.JPG

Click the check-mark when you are done.

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

EDIT: Dang it I was making all these screen shots when @SheriGR posted xDDDDD

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (12,012 Views)

All Replies

@ragelbagel24

Moved your thread to the General Discussion forum from Mac tech. for better feedback Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (12,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ragelbagel24 I think what you want is 'Manage Households'. Please reference this EA guide on Splitting & Merging Households: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/splitting-and-merging
Note: In the game now "played"="my households"; "unplayed"="other households". Plus now you will need to choose how much money will be transferred to the new household.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 5 (12,015 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@ragelbagel24 When the game says "Currently Not in World" that just means they are homeless, i.e. they are in your game but they do not live in any of the residential lots in your game.

While in the Manage Worlds screen click on the Manage Households icon. Find the household you'd like to split making sure to check in both "My Households" and "Other Households" tabs and then click on that family.

manage1.JPG

In the Household screen you'll see an option to "Transfer Sims between households" (the icon looks like two arrows) select that option. The next screen is the Household Split and Merge screen.

manage2.JPG

Highlight the Sims you want to transfer to a new household and click the "Create a New Household" in the upper right and use the arrow keys to move those Sims into the New Household. Use the Transfer Funds section to transfer Simoleons to the new household.

manage3.JPG

Click the check-mark when you are done.

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

EDIT: Dang it I was making all these screen shots when @SheriGR posted xDDDDD

Message 4 of 5 (12,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you!!!

Message 5 of 5 (11,956 Views)