Re: social butterfly aspiration not working

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

social butterfly aspiration not working

★★★ Novice

okay so for the last few days i have been trying to get my sims children to get this aspirations reword.

i need to get 3 child friends, 2 adult friends and have their social levels at 10. 

they both have level 10 social but its not counting towered the goal. 

nor is any one they have made friends with, i have even tried using cheats to make friends with other sims but they do not count either.

i have reloaded the game and did normal interactions with the sims they have become friends with but the game still did not count them even as good friends it dose not count.

i have turned the game off and on again and it still dose not work. 

i have tried this out with other sim families and found them to have the same problem. 

nothing counts to the goal. 

i have found one other thread that had an similar problem with this aspirations but it was from November 2014 and July 2017 and was labeled as solved but after reading throw it all i found it didn't have a fix or solution at all. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/quot-Social-Butterfly-quot-child-aspiration-doesn-t-co... 

i have the base game + get to work and pets

i have no mods or CC at all.

if anyone could give me a hand here i would greatly appreciate it.

please and thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (4,001 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@Ellyona003  The Social Butterfly aspiration is the one I most dread.  It can be completed but as you have observed the last step is the most frustration.
A couple of questions:

Are you playing of PC/Mac or console?
Do you have any mods or cc in your game?

Tips from my own experience.
Skill goals sometimes get stuck and do not immediately register.

Simply switching to another aspiration and back again or traveling to another lot helps.
Befriending 2 adults and 3 children seems to not count any existing friendships.
That makes it tricky especially if there are no other new children to befriend or a current friend becomes a teen before that step is completed.
What usually works for me:
Switch aspirations and go back to Social Butterfly.
Travel to another lot and back home again.
Save and close the game.
Repair the game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Open the game and see if the aspiration goals are counted/completed.

EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,955 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@Ellyona003  The Social Butterfly aspiration is the one I most dread.  It can be completed but as you have observed the last step is the most frustration.
A couple of questions:

Are you playing of PC/Mac or console?
Do you have any mods or cc in your game?

Tips from my own experience.
Skill goals sometimes get stuck and do not immediately register.

Simply switching to another aspiration and back again or traveling to another lot helps.
Befriending 2 adults and 3 children seems to not count any existing friendships.
That makes it tricky especially if there are no other new children to befriend or a current friend becomes a teen before that step is completed.
What usually works for me:
Switch aspirations and go back to Social Butterfly.
Travel to another lot and back home again.
Save and close the game.
Repair the game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Open the game and see if the aspiration goals are counted/completed.

EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 2 of 6 (3,956 Views)

★★★ Novice

i am playing on PC, windows 10

i have no mods  or CC 

i have tried switching aspirations, traveling, saving a closing the game.

i will try repairing the game and deleting caches next

Message 3 of 6 (3,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I never had any difficulties with The Social Butterfly aspiration, @Ellyona003 . But that is probably also because i use a rotational play with lost of families which i can use to befriend younger Sims that i am playnig with in that instance.

When and if you really tried all the suggestions that @EuphorialQueen gave you. And did not get the rewards when you reached level 10 it might be a glitch or may be even a bug of some sort. Becaus you should be rewarded and receive your aspiration points when reaching level 10.

The other part of your problem seems to be:
"nor is any one they have made friends with, i have even tried using cheats to make friends with other sims but they do not count either."

Could also occur because you used some cheats.

The making friends situation was partly solved in the tread you mentioned: '

• Family members don't count toward the third tier of the Social Butterfly aspiration. No big deal.
  • Non-family preexisting friends probably should count, but don't. To fix this, allow the relationship to atrophy (or do a couple of Mean interactions) until the Sim is just an acquaintance, and re-friend them.
  • Teenagers (and maybe young adults, haven't tested yet) don't count toward the goal at all--this might be intentional and there's no real fix, …'

When you have been using cheat it also depends which one you used. There is another method of which i know not everybody is fond of but might help you in this one situation and that is the use of the MC command center. Just google it if really nothing else helps anymore.

Good luck.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 6 (3,911 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have repaired the game and the level 10 skill is now counting as are the two adult friends.

i have checked the other sims i was testing things with on this problem as well, and they are working on them as well. 

after inviting over all the friends i had my sims make with both normal game play and using cheats the aspirations filled in and counted. 

i have also noticed that some other little things are no longer needed me to use the reset/debug option as much.

so repairing the game seems to have worked! Standard smile

thank you all so much for your help it was greatly appreciated.

Message 5 of 6 (3,887 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Ellyona003  Excellent! So happy you were able to solve this issue.

Happy Simming!

EQ

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 6 of 6 (3,864 Views)