by TheSpaark

Original Post

Accepted Solution

snow not showing on the ground

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4, The sims 4 cats and Dogs, The Sims 4 Seasons, The Sims 4 Dine out, The Sims 4 Outdoor retreat, The Sims 4 Realm of Magic, The Sims 4 Spa Day, The Sims 4 backyard stuff, The Sims 4 Bowling Night stuff, The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, The Sims 4 Perfect Patio stuff, The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By Comparing the old save file to a new save file
What happens when the bug occurs? Snnow is not showing on the ground
What do you expect to see? I expect to see snow on the ground with no issues
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After playing for 2-3 weeks I didn't test the snowing. But when i wanted to see snow it only snowed but didn't show it on the floor. This should not be such an issue as this bug was not present on the Sims 2 or 3. A fix would be highly appreciated. For testing purposes, i can provide files to help diagnose the issues.

Message 1 of 17 (807 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: snow not showing on the ground

Hero

@omarrooney18 

Tested your save game till it was winter and get lots of snow on the floor

Bild_2021-07-28_165812.png

Did you only try in fall with the weather machine ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 17 (1,040 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@omarrooney18 Could you post a picture of your graphics settings ?

Have you tried a game repair yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (789 Views)

★ Guide

this was happening to me. it only showed if I zoomed in really close. 

Message 3 of 17 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi there, 

Yes i have repaired the game several times but this there is something that happened in my save file that has caused the issue. EA should not make it susceptible to glitching that easily. Sure i post a pic of my graphics settings. Do note I do not use windowed mode. I only used it to snip a screenshot

I really hope they admit this issue and release a patch fix

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 4 of 17 (754 Views)

Hero
@omarrooney18 Could you test if it makes a difference if you turn off laptop mode ? (just for troubleshooting)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (729 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tried without laptop mode and it doesn't make a difference.at all. I'm still having issues. The only solution that has worked is by removing The sims 4 file in documents and starting a fresh game. I do not want to start over and I dont know if EA will acknowledge this issue and send a patch update 

Message 6 of 17 (710 Views)

Hero
@omarrooney18 Does it matter which neighborhood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (698 Views)

★★★ Novice

No since i tried the same neighbourhood with my old save file and a new one and the new one showed snow on the ground

Message 8 of 17 (691 Views)

Hero

Out of ideas then. Might be worth sharing your save game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (678 Views)

★★★ Novice

Save Game Attached

Message 10 of 17 (664 Views)