sims wont open mod because it cannot open files of this type

by KaterinaMariella

Original Post

sims wont open mod because it cannot open files of this type

★★★ Newbie

Hi, whenever I try to open mods n the sims that I have downloaded, it gives me this message, that the mod cannot be opened because he sims four cannot open mods of this type. I have script mods and regular mods-enabled in settings, the files aren't zipped or anything, What am I doing wrong? 

Message 1 of 4 (404 Views)

Re: sims wont open mod because it cannot open files of this type

Champion (Retired)

@KaterinaMariella 

Mods are not opened in that way. I recommend that you read the instructions on how to use the mod where you got it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, I tried looking for the instructions, and they didn't have any further details than jut unzip, download, than open. Can you please elaborate on what you meant, because I'm really confused. 

Message 3 of 4 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@KaterinaMariella 

The open they talk about is opening the game. You will then find it available when you play.

Notice that they file in your screenshot is only one of several required files. I hope you have the rest as well otherwise it will not work. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (358 Views)