sims still has to work even though there enrolled at the university

by mldavis02

Original Post

sims still has to work even though there enrolled at the university

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get work, university, cats and dogs, city living, parenthood, jungle adventure, bowling, toddlers, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? send a young adult or older to university while having a full-time job example doctor or astronaut.
What happens when the bug occurs? my sim has to choose between going to work and going to class.
What do you expect to see? when a sim is sent to university and they have a full time job, they're job pauses so they can go to class.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

my sims are going to work and university simultaneously. is there a way to fix it?

Message 1 of 6 (15,757 Views)

Re: sims still has to work even though there enrolled at the university

Hero
@mldavis02 I don't think this is a bug. You need to quit the career while you're at Uni. It is allowed to go working while you're at Uni.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (15,705 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@mldavis02I agree with crinrict that this is normal. I have several Sims who have jobs and university. They use vacation days or work from home when they have a scheduling conflict. They quit their jobs if they run out of vacation days and can't work from home. If you want your sims to have jobs while they attend university, it's up to you to choose jobs that won't interfere with their class schedule.

Message 3 of 6 (15,677 Views)

Hero
@mldavis02 Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (15,613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

seen that this is an old post lol but i thought it was a problem at first too.. i just made it work with my sim. the uni classes really don't do much practically but i felt like my sim was just the type to earn herself a degree. working towards a physics degree while in the astronaut career. i had to figure out a balance. sometimes i have to make my sim skip classes and instead study a ton for the class at home later (which i have found actually maintains a good grade!), sometimes i have to use up my sim's work vacation days. i also gave a very light load of 2 classes every term. it makes the progress towards to degree slower but if you want to maintain a career and classes at the same time you have to sacrifice some things. 

Message 5 of 6 (7,496 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @vaudevillefolly I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (7,410 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help