Re: sims deletes my houses and families

by PugLove888

Original Post

sims deletes my houses and families

★★★ Novice

So I downloaded sims a few months ago before the new update and everything was fine, but then I didn't have a computer for a while so I didn't play for a few months.
When I got a new computer I downloaded it back and I expected to have my stuff from before back but it was all new and when I started playing I had to make a new sim so I was like yeah okay I just didn't get my previous saved things back which is fine whatever I'll start over, so I spent literally 8 hours making the perfect house and I played for a bit and literally double saved and all to make sure I don't lose it, but then when I wanted to play it the next day, i had to make another sim without getting access to the worlds at all?? like I couldn't choose to play my saved things at all it was like I was at the starting point all over again, I checked in the gallery and my households were in fact there but the houses I made were not, I tried finding answers on here but I didn't find anyone with the exact same problem as me, also I saw some replies about mods and cc but I really don't understand what that means I'm so lost I just want to play without losing my stuff

Frown  please help me Frown 

Message 1 of 7 (521 Views)

Champion

@jlfshh, I'm sorry you are having a difficult time. Devil Hopefully we can help you! Fingers crossed

(We will often ask if a player who is having problems uses Mods or Custom Content (CC).  What those things are, are items not made by EA/Maxis that are added to the game.  CC are items like special hair, clothing, skin textures, makeup, or furniture, etc. that change the look of your game.  Mods are something that changes gameplay or other abilities in the game, like making your households have more than 8 Sim in them, or adding new abilities to your Sims, or somehow changing the way the game functions.  While EA gives us the ability to use these items if we wish, they cannot support using them, as there are actually thousands of Mods/CC items and it would be impossible for EA to design the game around all of them! Disappointed

The problem with CC/Mods is that every time EA updates the game with a patch, many Mods or CC become outdated and cause problems in the game. Frown So, whenever someone has a problem in the game, we need to determine if they use Mods or CC , and if so , are the Mods/CC interfering with the game.  If they Mods/CC are causing a problem then that item must be removed and replaced with an updated version if possible.)

Since you didn't even know what CC or Mods were, then you probably don't have any in your game and don't have to worry about them!!! Angel

When you went to play your house and family the next day after saving, did you press the Load Game button or the New Game button?  
When you made your house, did you just save the game with the Sims in it in Live Mode, or did you save it from Build/Buy Mode? Wondering 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (502 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oooh yea I don't really use any of those so it's probably not that lol.

I don't even have the option to choose between load game or new game that's why I'm so lost haha, and for the house I just saved it in live mode because it's always worked before Disappointed 

Message 3 of 7 (489 Views)

Champion

@jlfshh, no, if you don't use Mods or CC it can't be those that are causing the problem! Large smile

So, on your Main Menu (when you first start up your game) on the right hand side there should be a big button with a "play arrow" , and then under it there should be two buttons that are longer that say "New Game" and "Load Game" (Load Game will only work if you have saved a previous game).  You want to click on Load Game to play a game you have saved before (the play arrow button will load your last save game that you played, but if you want to play an older save, you would need to press "Load Game".  From there a screen would pop up with all of your saves to choose from, if you have any.  
New Game will just take you into CAS to make a new family to play in a brand new save.

So, what do you see on the right hand side of the Main Menu? Wondering 

As for saving your house, what I mean by saving in Live Mode is just saving the game you are playing.  If you want to save the house itself (not the save game or the family) you need to save it in Build/Buy Mode! This will save it to your Library in the Gallery.  If you are also online, you can upload your house to your Gallery for others to play with. 
In Build/Buy Mode to save the house there is a button at the top in the middle that looks like a folder with an arrow going into it that is called "Save to My Library".  This is what you want to click to save your house.Standard smile  (It will give you the option to save the house or just a room, if you wish). 

Please update us on what your Main Menu says on the right side, or if you have more questions! 

Message 4 of 7 (462 Views)

★★★ Novice

On the main menu I only have the arrow button and no other things to choose from, that's why I thought it was really weird, right now I uninstalled and am in the process of installing the game again, I would've done It before but I thought that I missed something so that that's why I didn't have the options. 

I'll update here again and see if re-installing helped!

And I'll make sure to save the house like that next time I make one, thank you!

Message 5 of 7 (442 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay! so at first I still didn't have the options but then I went and just moved a sim to a random house and saved it both in the live mode and in the manage worlds one and then it finally saved the game and i finally got the options under the play button, not sure if the re-installing helped or the saving in manage worlds but it's all good now Party hat 

Either way thank you for replying and helping me out!

Message 6 of 7 (434 Views)

Champion

@jlfshh, I'm glad your problem is better now!    In case you have problems again, some friends have brought to my attention that that it could be that you are using OneDrive or some other cloud saving system and that sometimes with these types of cloud saving systems saves get redirected! ShockedDisappointed  If this is the case, here is a link that might be helpful to you: 
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/

Hopefully if your problem ever returns, this will be of help to you! Fingers crossed

In the meantime, Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 7 of 7 (408 Views)