sims 4 university: term continues/ sims fail too easily

by EsmeraldaLima

Original Post

Betreff: sims 4 university: term continues/ sims fail too easily

Champion

@Sayori23, again,  I didn't say this made perfect sense, I was only trying to think of a reason why they decided to do things they way they decided, and this was the best I could come up with.  I stated that in my last reply to @ieta_cassiopeia .  
I did not design this, and wouldn't' have designed it this way knowing how many people play rotationally. Frown It does nobody any good to get on to me about a decision I have nothing to do with.  I was only trying to give a possibility as to why they might have done it. Disappointed 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 31 of 47 (1,107 Views)

Re: sims 4 university: term continues/ sims fail too easily

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EsmeraldaLima & @bohne006 I'd like to add a few things I hope will be useful considering your comments about ways to play DU with multiple sims at the same time:

Option 1

I played a large household off campus (10 sims with 2 roomies, one butler - and one needs-decay bugged toddler). My sims commuted to university. All were in distinguished degree programs. Two attended college full-time, and two attended part time while holding down a full time job. All had "A"s. Two were attending each university. I crawled along with my finger on the pause button... and it was some of the hardest playing I've done in the game, but I got through it and so did they.  

If you want to send multiple students at the same time successfully you can do it by commuting from off-campus.

Move up to 8 of your students into the same household and home and you'll be able to control them all, which you'll need to do if you want them to get decent grades (attend all classes, complete all homework, study, write term papers; create, edit, practice and present presentation boards). 

They'll go on their own –  like they're going to work or school - you don't go with them. And they'll transport straight to class when they leave your lot.

Option 2

As @PugLove888 previously mentioned, if you want to have students attend in a rotational manner you could turn aging off while your students are attending college. Turn aging off for the active household and inactive households. This setting is in your 'Game Options'.

Then once all of the students have graduated you could just turn aging back on and play the way you normally play, if you play with aging on normally.

Sorry to repeat this option, but I thought I would elaborate on it a bit with PugLove888's permission  Standard smile in case anyone was not familiar with how this option would work.

Hope this helps some. 

SheriGR Coffee cup  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 32 of 47 (1,083 Views)

Champion

@SheriGR, yes, turning off ageing while in university , or at least playing the Long Life option is something I have been doing in order to prevent my students from turning into adults while at school (unless I want that as part of a story line). Wink  You don't need my permission, but thank you for not stepping on my toes, so to speak! Angel

I don't know how you managed to attend university with all that going on, let alone get A's in the process!   That toddler bug was horrific, to say the least! ShockedDisappointed  I tried to play it just to see how bad it was, but went back to my university students quickly.  I can't imagine mixing them! Raised eyebrowLarge smile

Message 33 of 47 (1,077 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888Just to clarify here, I didn't mean to attack you ^^;; All the anger in my post was directed towards the game designers who came up with this concept.

Message 34 of 47 (1,032 Views)

Champion

@Sayori23, thank you for clarifying! Heart  I was frustrated and sad since it seemed like you and the person or 2 above you were taking it out on me. Devil   Sorry for any confusion on my part, and again, thank you for clarifying that you weren't angry at me! Angel 

Message 35 of 47 (1,012 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EsmeraldaLima I see where your coming from but I feel like college is too hard... for starters its 4 or more terms depending on how many courses you take and my sims are already "adults" still in college and flunking all classes ... I send them to school taking notes each day complete term papers and presentations all saying outstanding quality ... the sims game is too short a life span and extending would just make the game boring ... I am disappointed in university and hope they make it easier!
Message 36 of 47 (882 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KittyMe9846 Have you tried turning aging off in settings while you have sims going to college? This may relieve some stress and frustration for you. 😊

Also, you said that your sims were failing though they attend the classes and take notes plus do the term papers and presentations... yet are failing? 🤔 If all of these things are covered in your home, other factors that may contribute to poor grades would be if the sim does not do their homework (there should be a black composition notebook in their personal inventory that you click and have them do homework for each class) plus you can go to the computer and go to 'university'>then choose to study for each class. This will help a great deal on the grades.

There is a lot of good information about DU in these guides:

I hope there will be something in that information that will help with your frustration. 🤞🏻

Message 37 of 47 (871 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Thanks sheri I didnt think I about turning aging off ... I just knew I didn't want to extend the lifespan ... they do the homework but I don't do the studying part cause it's so much to do besides normal eating showers and social and fun needs I don't have time... but definitely turning off aging will help ... thanks again
Message 38 of 47 (869 Views)

★★★ Novice
@KittyMe9846 Also if the makers of sims read these posts can you make an option that phone calls asking sims to hang out dont automatically make u follow the sim ... give the option so if you want to play another sim but still build the friendship with the phone sim its possible and you don't have to always say no
Message 39 of 47 (860 Views)

Champion

@KittyMe9846 That sounds like a great suggestion to me! You may want to make it it's own thread if you want to draw attention and support for the issue. 🤞🏻

Message 40 of 47 (854 Views)