Re: sims 4 university: term continues/ sims fail too easily

by jedilinshen

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DMCain, while that is what I have experienced so far, I've heard some You Tubers who played DU at Sims Camp before it was released as well as the weekend after its release say that start of term will slowly change each time, starting on Wednesday, then Thursday, etc. until your Sim graduates... which would mean eventually they would have a term that starts on a Monday, and if they take 4 or more terms. Wondering  I just believed them since I figured they had played more than I had , and also had access to ask SimGurus questions. WinkOops

So even though I hadn't played through to graduation yet (because I keep making new Save Games to experience different aspects of the University experience) I thought I would mention it in case players who have their Sims take fewer courses each term ran into this problem, assuming that the YouTubers had been right as well. Angel

@EsmeraldaLima, @burin077 , @Polyxeniae , & @bohne006 , apparently the new Study Spot lot trait is your friend! Nerd If you live in the dorm and don't want to use the cheat to alter the dorms, you can go to the Library between the 2 schools, or I think even to the Student Commons.  There are other things you can do to boost your performance, as told about here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cBK8iHdbDM&feature=youtu.be Party hat

Hopefully that will help a lot of you!  Fingers crossed

Update:  I checked each university's Student Commons, and neither had the Study Spot lot trait, but the Library in-between the 2 university's did have this lot trait.  Also, if you use the Freebuild cheat, you can give any location this trait! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 47 (2,389 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

If your sims live in Honeydew Fields or their own household lots they will not get kicked out if you don't immediately re-enroll your sims household for their next term. You can come back to them at any time - so long as you stop ALL automatic aging on all lots. I have auto aging turn completely off to allow playing multiple households at my own pace.

Message 12 of 47 (2,275 Views)

★★ Apprentice

These are some great tips! Standard smile

Message 13 of 47 (2,236 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@EsmeraldaLima Because it isn’t possible to play rotationally in DU is the sole reason that I haven’t bought DU yet. So I really hope that they fix this “feature”.

I have a save file where I only play with pre-made sims, and I want to play with all the pre-made university-sims. And I really want to experience university with that save file before any of my other save files. It’s so annoying that this is not possible!
Message 14 of 47 (2,164 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem and I haven't touched my game since I found out, which is kind of sad. I did find a mod that creates larger terms (14 or 20 days), but I am not sure if that also helps with the rotation.

Message 15 of 47 (2,090 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How is this still not fixed? They released already two updates, but never even mentioned it Frown

Message 16 of 47 (2,077 Views)

★ Novice

i’ve had the same issue and it’s so annoying!!! i have two households that i’m bouncing back and forth from, i leave one house and they haven’t started the term and i come back and all of a sudden they’re failing and on academic probation. and when i do play them all they do is homework and assignments. so frustrating 

Message 17 of 47 (2,000 Views)

Betreff: sims 4 university: term continues/ sims fail too easily

★★ Apprentice

I'm afraid that this isn't a bug and EA is not going to "fix" this. I don't know how they imagine it to work that way but perhaps if enough people complain about that "feature" they will consider changing it. I'm also a player who rotates between about 30 households every now and then and it reaaaally sucks for me that time at university just goes on while being off to another family. I planned it to be like my Sims 2 uni game, where I moved all my grown up teens to a dorm one after another, every one of them being one term apart. So when the oldest graduated and went home I'd move the next teen into the dorm. It really is a shame that this won't work in the Sims 4 and I have no idea how to play it now.

Message 18 of 47 (1,894 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I read somewhere that it is not a bug, so I highly doubt they're going to change the gameplay, which I find very odd. Didn't they take this into account? Like, many players have multiple households. 

I decided to make a separate save file for Discover University, because I really like the pack and the gameplay. It's just impossible to play it in a save with multiple households. In my main save, where rotate between 10 families or so, I decided to just let them quit university, which really sucked cause I had been looking forward to having my Sims at uni... but you can't even quit university.

Right now, I am just waiting for them to kicked out. Sigh.

Message 19 of 47 (1,886 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@maanorchidee You can quit university, it’s an option on the work tab on the phone.
Message 20 of 47 (1,880 Views)