Re: sims 4 reshade

by SheriGR

Original Post

sims 4 reshade

★ Novice

Hello, awhile ago when I played sims with reshade, the DOF setting always worked perfectly, with no issues. Now that i've redownloaded sims on a new computer, whenever I try and use DOF, the edges (mostly around the ears and arms/shirt) become blurrier as I make the background blurrier. I've attached an image of what I'm achieving vs what I would like. I've redownload different reshade versions (i'm currently on 4.0.2), and I've messed with all the DOF settings, none of them doing anything. I have the edge sharpening thing turned off in the settings but I'm wondering if there's an ongoing issue with this since I've seen multiple people have the same issue. Thank youStandard smile

Message 1 of 2 (675 Views)

Re: sims 4 reshade

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Joey9902 I don't use Reshade but I do remember past mentions of it conflicting with at lease one of the game updates. I would recommend that you don't use any past versions of Reshade. Get the most current version, make sure your game is up to date, and clear out your cache [Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder]

Now see if the issue remains. If the issue remains check on the creator's website to see if others are experiencing issues with the current patch/update to the game, plus see if you can contact the creator about the issue. If it turns out that Reshade is broken currently you could remove it for now from your game, delete the localthumbcache.package file again, and wait for an updated version from the creator.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (624 Views)