Re: sims 4: pets. can not adopt animal

by PugLove888

Original Post

sims 4: pets. can not adopt animal

★★★ Newbie

Sims 4: Pets. I can not adopt a pet on my lot. Help? I can if I play a different lot and different family. its just my main family who can't. They haven't gotten any animals or kids taken away.

Message 1 of 2 (691 Views)

Re: sims 4: pets. can not adopt animal

Champion

@Autumn_Dawn323 , how many Sims (including pets if you made any when making the household) do you have living on the lot now?Wondering  You can only have 8 Sims, including pets and also including any babies your Sims might be pregnant with. 

When you said you can play with another lot or another family, do you mean that another family that is on another lot is able to adopt pets?Wondering

Are you playing an Off-the-Grid lot?  I checked to see if there was a current Bug Report on this and the only thing that looked like your problem was this: [OPEN] [CD] Off Grid Living: Can't adopt pet from phone - Answer HQ (ea.com)
If this is your case then follow Crinrict's instructions and see if that helps.  You can also press the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the original post and you can add your experience in a post of your own as well. Angel

Aside from that,  Are you playing on a console or on a PC or Mac?  If you are playing on a PC or Mac do you use any Mods or Custom Content (CC)?Wondering  This could be due to some outdated CC/Mods that are conflicting with the game. 

There are a few tricks you can try to that might help with your situation.  You can have the entire family travel to another lot together (with a loading screen) like a museum, the gym, or a park, and then travel back to their house... Sometimes this can refresh your lot and fix certain problems.

Likewise, you can try to move the household to another lot.  This is more tedious and I don't recommend it if they have a lot of items in their home unless you have tried everything else.  

There is also the chance that the lot, family, or save game file is corrupted. But hopefully that is not the case! Fingers crossed

Please update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (666 Views)