sims 4 not working with cc

by Emmalllouisem

Original Post

sims 4 not working with cc

★ Novice

sims 4 isn't working when I have my mods in the game but the game works when I take them out. I have tried multiple strategies and talked to 3 different help agents and nothing has worked, including restarting, deleting mods, fixing broken mods, taking out separate mods one by one (which takes hours) and updating every day.

Message 1 of 2 (207 Views)

Re: sims 4 not working with cc

@Emmalllouisem 

The issue is obviously one or more out of date or incompatible Mods. Move out your Mods folder to the desktop and trash the localthumbcache.package file. Start the game to check it will load then quit without saving. Move your CC back in in batches, loading the game after each batch to see if it still works. When it stops working you know there is dodgy CC in that last batch. Move out that batch and test each piece one by one until your game stops working again. It's laborious but the only way to check all your CC.

Yes, it's very tedious but when you add 3rd party content to the game this can happen. It's up to the creator to update the Mods to work with the current patch level of the game and it's up to the user to weed out the problematic Mods when the game will not launch with the 3rd party content.

Moving this to the General Discussion forum, it's not a Mac tech. issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (177 Views)