Re: sims 4 mods issue

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

sims 4 mods issue

★★★ Novice

So Sims 4 recently updated, as it does but my mods are no longer working, I also downloaded some new ones including and slice of life.

My clothing/hair cc's are also not working

Things I've tried:
Uninstalling and reinstalling sims 4

Ticking the allow mods/script mods in the options panel

repairing the game

uninstalling and reinstalling origin

Removing mods and adding them a handful at a time

None of my mods are in subfolders either

Help please as i've tried everything I know

Message 1 of 8 (483 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You have to update your mods like you update your games. Sometimes game updates cause mods to stop working because the mods become out of date

Message 2 of 8 (436 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do I do that sorry ? I’ve never had too 

Message 3 of 8 (432 Views)

★★★ Expert

@iiDemented It's possible that the game is not using the Mods folder you are looking at. It might be using a different Mods folder i.e one that is located in the cloud (OneDrive/iCloud). Something like this can happen after a game update.

Here is a link to an easy tutorial on finding out which folder your game is currently using:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Message 4 of 8 (400 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much I’ll try this out 

Message 5 of 8 (397 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@iiDemented Btw- Updating your mods simply means to ensure you are using only the most current versions as they often require replacement with updated versions after a new game patch. Using outdated or obsolete mods can often cause problems in your game or even ruin a game save. CC items are generally less likely to become obsolete from a game patch but it does happen.

Mod creators will generally provide updated versions of their mods at their websites, or at least verification that the current versions are still compatible with the most recent game patch. They also typically provide instructions for replacing obsolete versions with updated versions. There are several mod tracker sites you can use as a quick check to see if any of your mods should be updated. Here is one I like to use from Simsonic Sims 4:

https://simsonic.weebly.com/modtracker.html

Scroll down to where you see Main Tracker/ A - Z and click on that. Most of the popular mods are tracked there.

Message 6 of 8 (377 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can this be the same for CC’s as well as clothes and hair etc I use to use have stopped working too ?

Message 7 of 8 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@iiDemented Obsolete CC clothing, hair, accessory items will usually just have an odd appearance or cause your Sim to look strange i.e. an odd patchy shining look, or completely blacked out. You'll know them when you see them. Obsolete CC build/buy items might disappear, stop functioning properly, or cause your game to generate a large number of Last Exception reports.

If your game is using a new Mods folder it created somewhere in the Cloud, then that Mods folder is probably empty so no mods or CC will appear in your game.

Message 8 of 8 (363 Views)