Re: sims 4 how to buy medicine

by suzushka

Original Post

sims 4 how to buy medicine

★★★★ Apprentice

I know there is a ready answer at the sims community website.

Find a Computer nearby in your Household. Click on it and select Order > Purchase Medicine. There's only one type of Medicine available, but it's just enough to cure your Sick Sim (or Sims). You can order more than just 1 Medicine.

But, I wanted to find out why I can't order medication at the Medicine Cabinet. I also may be confusing that since discovering purchase books option at the Bookshelf. I just don't even know how to manage living off the grid or buy from the cellphone. It's weird now since I started with parenthood. And don't know if there is an option I changed that is making this difficult. Please answer! It's bad enough I set up a custom created character to live off the grid and he is allowed to use a refrigerator. I am confused once again.

Message 1 of 16 (29,846 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Manachinov 

Hmmm...drinking orange juice or ‘healthy green’ tea can cure illness sometimes. You could also try using a computer offsite (e.g., library or friend’s residence) - there are a few things you can only do from your home lot, but I would guess buying medicine would be possible. I guess this type of thing is part of the ‘challenge’ of living off grid.

🙃

Message 2 of 16 (29,830 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@suzushka Thank god someone replied. It's a completely different problem. And I think it's a problem. I could have sworn I bough medicine after raising 3 toddlers. And now I am struggling to understand if it's true, I am making a mistake, I disabled that option somehow. And, I now have a house with a medicine cabinet for that reason that I want to buy medicine from!
Message 3 of 16 (29,802 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@suzushka I am tired of searching for the solution online. Maybe it's a different Decoration Item. There must be something I get medicine from. That is all.
Message 4 of 16 (29,800 Views)

★★★ Guide
Message 5 of 16 (29,762 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@suzushka Dude, I keep saying there is an inventory item in the house somewhere that allows you to buy medication without a computer. Examine words, now!
Message 6 of 16 (29,706 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@suzushka I am somewhat reminiscent of a toddler bookshelf from the toddler pack. I think it should have a purchase medicine option. It can also be either a special refrigerator or might be the coffeemakers.
Message 7 of 16 (29,703 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Manachinov I'm not aware of any other way to buy the medicine aside from what's mentioned below - not through a medicine cabinet (though that is a great idea!), and not through a toddler bookshelf. I have all packs.

Below is the information that @suzushka was referencing for you:

Many of their sicknesses can be cured with sleep. Other possible illness cures:

• Have your sim go to the library and order medicine on the computer. Stock up and take it home in your inventory.
  • If you have Seasons have your sim go to a lot that is not off the grid and order medicine on their phone. On the phone go to Household > Purchase Gifts and look for the Medicine. Stock up and take it home in your inventory. [Tip from @MapleSimmer]
  • If you have Outdoor Retreat you can become an herbalist. You could use the computer at the library to purchase Herbalist books (one, two & three). You can also get and grow herbalist plants.
  • Shortcut: I have a lot of plants in the EA community gallery that I grew in my game, and most are above normal, some are 'perfect' - under #SheriGR. You can download & use them to make a garden, and I think all of the herbalist plants are there as well.
  • Pets: You take pets to the vet clinic if they're sick, but sometimes a wellness treat will cure them. You can go to the vet clinic and purchase several wellness treats at the vending machine and keep them in your inventory to try first if the pet becomes ill.

There is some info here, but much would not help off the grid (like using the tea machine - but it does not say the in the label that the tea machine works off the grid, though): https://simscommunity.info/2015/04/04/the-sims-4-get-to-work-how-to-cure-your-sick-sim/

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 8 of 16 (29,671 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Manachinov, the both @suzushka and @SheriGR gave you some very good tips.  Naps can also help with illness.  The Healthy Green tea can as well, but isn't a choice for Off-The-Grid living!  

Orange Juice will also help with sickness!   Your Sim can still drink Orange Juice off-the-grid! Just purchase a cooler (Outdoor Retreat (Game Pack) has one, and I think so does the Toddler Stuff (Stuff Pack), and the Jungle Adventure (Game Pack).  You can get simple drinks and food from the cooler while Off-the-Grid , including orange juice!  

So, while naps and orange juice will help with illnesses, your best bet is still to purchase medicine by visiting a friend or the library and using the computers there!  Medicine works better than any other method and will also give your Sim a positive energized buff! Standard smile

Edit:  I crossed out Jungle Adventure because it doesn't have a cooler. OopsWink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 16 (29,625 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Does medicine ever go bad? Just wondering as I don’t want my Sim to get even sicker.

Message 10 of 16 (29,581 Views)