sims 4 discover university not showing

by kreativeangel93

Original Post

Re: sims 4 discover university not showing

★ Novice
@EA_Mai Good day, I am also having this same issue with my Mac, which is a 13inch early 2011 macbook pro running macOs High Sierra version 10.13.2. I was forced to download Sims 4 Legacy in order to play ts4 after purchasing and downloading University, only to find that University is not compatible with Sims 4 legacy.

I am going to run a software update for my laptop but after reading these comments, Im afraid that wont solve this issue. Do you have any recommendations or solutions to fix this issue so I can play this highly anticipated university pack? Also, is there a way to uninstall sims 4 legacy only? And would this allow me to play university? Thank you

-a desperate Simmer
Message 61 of 127 (5,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@shanelleiana FAQ on Legacy: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p...

As of now, it looks like you're out of luck (as I currently am), only option was a refund and hopefully they will change their stance on: "Stuff Packs, Game Packs and Expansion Packs released after September 2019 will be unavailable"   Frown

Message 62 of 127 (5,265 Views)

@CavalierReign  I was responding to an earlier poster who said that nowhere were the requirements for Discover University documented, this was false advertising, etc.  I know that older Macs don't support Metal.  By the way, the 32-bit/64-bit distinction is Windows-only; macOS has been 64-bit for over a decade, and the Mac version of Sims 4 has always been 64-bit.

@shanelleiana  Unfortunately, your Mac doesn't support Metal, so there's no way for you to run the standard version of Sims 4.  You're stuck with the Legacy Edition, and no Discover University.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 63 of 127 (5,250 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My chat with EA Help regarding this issue:

Me: I am having issues with playing the Sims 4 University. I think it is due to running and older iMac and issues with being required to download the Sims Legacy. I first downloaded Sims 4 University and when trying to play the game I got an error message: unable to start, initialization error at start up with a bunch of numbers - this is was led me to having to download the Sims Legacy. The game would then work in startup but the Sims 4 University does not show up in "my collection" when playing the game even though I have purchased it

EA support: Please do not worry!  I know how inconvenient it can be when you are facing issues with the expansion pack, I will surely look into the details and would provide the best possible resolution for it.

Me: macOS Sierra – Version 10.12.6

iMac 27-inch, mid 2010

Processor 3.2 GHx Intel Core i3

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB

EA support: Hey i checked that for you.Currently we're facing the issue with university pack.To which the studios are working hard to fix this.

Me: Do you think it is because older mac's do not have OS metal? I see this is a requirement and had to do extensive research to figure out if I had metal or not. If this is the issue, it should be stated more clearly as this is a spec that you have to do research into figuring out you have it or not - after which I have already paid $50

Me: Also, I would like to know why I can no longer use the online community store with having to download the Sims Legacy ?

EA support: Yes i can completely understand your anxiousness with the same. The legacy update has just been released which is why the patches and bugs have been identified as they are being reported by the players.

EA support: It is because the new patch is to be updated so it has been removed.

EA support: Would you like a refund?

Me: Are you aware if the new patches/updates will no longer need to be running Metal ?

EA support: Well I am currently unaware about this, as this is related to the game which is done by the studios.

Me: I would like a refund then please

EA support: I have processed the refund from my end. You'd be receiving the amount in 7-10 business days.

Me: Thank You. How do I stay on top of updates, patches, etc. by the game studio?  So that if I want to repurchase the game I will know if it will work or not instead of doing the same thing?

EA Support: You'd need to follow the twitter page of EA and keep a close watch on the forums.

Message 64 of 127 (5,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictAh! I see I was getting these mixed up with PC's and earlier posts on this forum - edited my previous reply to not confuse others. I am definitely not a computer genius - just trying to figure this out for myself and help others along the way.

Your post was the lightbulb! I was unaware of what Metal even was and it's need for this game. I was just adding a link to add to your post for the other uses to find out if they had Metal or not as I had to research what it was and how to find it so I thought that information would be helpful to others. Your post gave me answers, now I just need a solution (by EA/Sims) besides buying a new graphics card or entire new computer when mine works excellent still (with every sims game/pack/etc.) - this new update made the current games slower and not being able to play any future games makes no sense.

Message 65 of 127 (5,222 Views)

@CavalierReign  Here's a link to the list of Macs that support Metal:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205073

I'm glad you got a refund for Discover University; some people have had trouble with that.  Just so you know, the Gallery is also not available in the Legacy Edition.  This is nby design and not a bug, whatever support says.  Unless EA changes course, this will remain the case, no new packs will be available, and there will be no way to run the standard version of TS4 on non-Metal Macs.  Here's the full FAQ on the Legacy Edition:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p...

So unfortunately, there is no solution besides playing on a different computer.  Your Mac wouldn't support a graphics card update anyway; Macs generally don't (besides the extremely expensive new Mac Pros).  It's unfortunate that so many Sims players are being left out in the cold, but there's nothing any of us can do about it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 66 of 127 (5,211 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! My game wouldn't start without Sims 4 Legacy Frown How can I keep it so it can work but also be able to see University? I also lost all my previous families & progress Frown

Message 67 of 127 (5,092 Views)

★★ Novice

SAME ISSUE HERE WTF. Agent said I should just wait for a game update for it to get resolved then they put my issue as "resolved" when it surely WAS NOT.

Message 68 of 127 (5,090 Views)

★★ Novice
@xoprincesitanani Hi! I don't have the "when launching this game" drop box that you mentioned Frown Any other way to find that? xD
Message 69 of 127 (5,083 Views)

★ Apprentice

thats exactly what happened with me 

I'm just gonna have to save up and eventually get another computer i guess if i want to keep playing my sims games. From what I hear about sims 5 ill need to update by then anyways 

Message 70 of 127 (5,102 Views)