sims 4 discover university not showing

by kreativeangel93

Original Post

Re: sims 4 discover university not showing

★★★ Newbie

I bought this pack as soon as it came out and played it. It was great i loved it. Now I open my computer today to find out I can’t play it due to the legacy edition. I’m going to try to update my computer but if I can’t. I’m going to cry.

Message 91 of 127 (1,089 Views)

★ Novice

I’m so hoping this works! Doing it now, crossing my fingers🤞

Message 92 of 127 (1,058 Views)

★★ Novice

If you need Legacy (like me) then you can't play. I received a full refund from EA. 

Message 93 of 127 (990 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Kaykay110498 same ..
Message 94 of 127 (933 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SkyisBubblegum wrote:

I bought this pack as soon as it came out and played it. It was great i loved it. Now I open my computer today to find out I can’t play it due to the legacy edition. I’m going to try to update my computer but if I can’t. I’m going to cry.

@SkyisBubblegum - This reply is a little late, but if you have played TS4 with DU on your computer previously, there is no reason that you can't continue to play it. You don't need the Legacy Edition if you have a 64-bit operating system.

Follow the instructions in the accepted solution for this thread. https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/sims-4-discover-university-not-showing/m-p...

@EA_Mai wrote:
  1. Right click on The Sims 4 game on Origin > Game Properties
  2. Go to Advanced Launch Options and check 'When launching this game...' dropdown menu.
    • If you have both 64 bit and 32 bit option there, you are in a 64 bit Windows, and you don't need to install The Sims 4 Legacy Edition. Make sure to select 64 bit though, otherwise you will be asked to download Legacy Edition as that's the version that can run in 32 bit.
    • If you don't get the option to choose 64 bit, it means your OS is 32 bit and you will need to download The Sims 4 Legacy Edition to keep playing your game.

Message 95 of 127 (917 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Mai Is there anyway my MacBook Air would be able to run the sims university
Message 96 of 127 (881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too I paid all this money for nothing

Message 97 of 127 (840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there any way to get my money back, I was not informed of this specification on the Discover University with the Legacy Edition

Message 98 of 127 (809 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@0_NomNom_0 

Like mentioned several times in this thread. You need to contact Support. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-4&platform=pc&category=technical-support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 99 of 127 (803 Views)

★ Novice

If I can not play any future games I would either like a refund please of to move all of my pc games onto my Xbox account instead as I cannot afford to buy a new laptop with my on going health issues. This is not good customer service and I’m extremely upset and disappointed. 

Message 100 of 127 (780 Views)