Re: sims 4 discover university not showing

by HoodieSSD

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I had repaired my Sims4 on my Mac computer and it restarted my whole game. My sims are not on my gallery and none of my builds. I still have my packs and stuff but my university one won’t load in.

Message 121 of 127 (645 Views)

@M4yM4y_isdeway  For the missing saves and other content, please check iCloud storage for your old Sims 4 user data folder:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Discover University doesn't run in the Legacy Edition, so if you have the LE, the pack won't appear in-game.  If you're not sure whether your computer supports the standard version of Sims 4 or needs the LE, please list its full specs, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 122 of 127 (624 Views)

@yomio70 

yomio70 wrote:

Why on Gods's green earth do you guys only have ONE expansion pack that doesn't work on the version you FORCED US TO DOWNLOAD. 

No, it is not one expansion pack, it is any expansion pack after September 2019, so Discover University also don't runs on the Legacy edition.

yomio70 wrote:

So does origin/ea suggest I buy a 2000 dollar computer to play their game? Literally insane.

Also no, about any Windows PC built in the last ten years and many Mac's built in the same time frame support the Standard Edition of TS4.

So you can run the TS4 Standard Edition, that supports all packs, on very cheap Computers indeed.

(If this computer as the right components, aka a strong enough CPU, GPU, and enough RAM.)

Are you sure you need the Legacy edition?

Sometimes Origin suggest the download despite the system being capable of running the Standard Edition. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 123 of 127 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Their customer service is so lousy ! They don’t even have a contact number so it could be at least a little easier. Especially if you want a refund. How do we go about a refund ? You people make it seem like it’s go easy to get I touch with you people. I’m fed up, I just spent money on this waste! I also agree on this ridiculous update, all you people are just money hungry! 

Message 124 of 127 (525 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Wasn’t meant for you, my bad 

Message 125 of 127 (526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am in the same boat and I am so mad right now 

there is no way to fix it and I am nearly ready to uninstalled and asked for a refund 

Message 126 of 127 (294 Views)

@MisfitBec  If your computer can't run the standard version of Sims 4, and you're therefore stuck with the Legacy Edition, then you should absolutely ask for a refund.  Even though Sims 4 packs are generally not eligible for refunds, EA customer support usually makes an exception in this case.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you're not sure whether your computer can run the standard version of Sims 4, please post a dxdiag (Windows only):

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Or if you have a Mac, please list its full specs: everything under About This Mac including the operating system and except for the serial number.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 127 of 127 (285 Views)