Re: sims 4 discover university not showing

by eeweaver06

Original Post

★★ Novice
@ItsMxnni I've updated it and it works! Yay! I couldn't see an update available on my app store so I assumed my Mac was too old to get the newest update, but I spoke with a very nice lady at Apple who sent me a link. So if anyone else is having the same issue highly recommend updating you OS system first.
Message 71 of 127 (1,588 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

I have El Capitan if I update to Catalina will the sims 4 discover university work! I’m so super disappointed! 

Message 72 of 127 (1,551 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My iMac kept saying I had to download it, it was giving me and error and I have El Capitan

Message 73 of 127 (1,550 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I am having the same issues as these users (^^) , I would like your help with verifying if my computer will be able to download and play Discover University?? Thank you in advance! Please see screenshot of my computer's specs! 

Message 74 of 127 (1,541 Views)

@ShalisaB  Your computer won't be able to play Discover University unless you update your operating system to at least El Capitan, the next OS after Yosemite.  Your hardware does in fact support Metal, and therefore the standard edition of Sims 4, but Yosemite does not.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 75 of 127 (1,529 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m so confused. 

same exact thing happened to me last Friday. Preordered the University days in advance. I didn’t have a choice but to download sims 4 legacy, just to discover I can’t play University. Here I am. 

I’ve tried to follow some of the advice given, id appreciate any impute if I’m doing this wrong, or I simply have no choice but to buy a new computer.

i have a mac mid 2010. 

I uninstalled Sims completely.

Upgraded to the El Captain. 

Reinstalled Sims (all my dang packs) without the University. But when I went to try and download it by itself, it didn’t even give me the choice - just says purchased. So I reinstalled & installed everything again WITH the university. I still have zero luck - don’t have it. 

I am not all that computer smart - but if someone who was in the same boat as me & was able to get theirs to work - I’d appreciate how you did step by step. 

Message 76 of 127 (1,522 Views)

@MISSJLD21  Unfortunately, your computer doesn't support Metal, which means you're stuck with the Legacy Edition of Sims 4.  The LE doesn't support University (or the Gallery), so even if you managed to download the pack, it wouldn't show up in-game.

You can try to get a refund for DU from EA customer support, since you can't run it.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 77 of 127 (1,495 Views)

★ Novice

These are my specs

system type: 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

processor: intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40GHz

OS build: 18362.476

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1903

Installed RAM: 8.00GB

I thought these met the requirements however I am still made to download the legacy edition.

what is wrong with my specs?

Message 78 of 127 (1,492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the clarification! I am in the position where I can upgrade my computer - however, I feel awful for the younger ones that are not as fortunate to just go out and upgrade their computers. Not at all considerate of the variety in age & definitely not everyone can make a spendy purchase for a $50 game pack. This would’ve made more sense for Sims 5... 

Message 79 of 127 (1,473 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And also - what computer support Metal?? 

Message 80 of 127 (1,480 Views)