Re: sims 4 discover university not showing

by dazycrazybeauty

Original Post

★ Apprentice

In that other paragraph I said how the game wouldn't launch the game without legacy as soon as it released. i tried to play the game like normal and it gave me an error and made me download legacy. I looked at my specs once someone pointed that out for uni. not working fully expecting my computer to be out of date however I'm running 10.11.6 os x el capitan according to that it should work. I've been reading about this since that first post and have tried everything suggested. so now I'm confused and bummed but at least have a refund.

Message 51 of 127 (1,748 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ItsMxnni Updated my computer and got the game to work!
Message 52 of 127 (1,722 Views)

★★ Novice

this is ridiculous. i have waited years for this and CANT FREAKING PLAY IT. I pay 40 dollars, am FORCED to download legacy, then I try to play and there is no recolection of having sims university anywhere on the game. I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY DAMN GAME. I WAiTED YEARS FOR THIS!!!!!!

Message 53 of 127 (1,667 Views)

★ Novice
@KrissieeJean SAME!!! pissed of!
Message 54 of 127 (1,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, here is how I got it to work for me:

If you are running Sims 4 through Origin, under your Game Library, right click “The Sims 4” game and select “Game Properties.”  Then go to the “Advanced Launch Options” and under “When launching this game...” click on the drop down to change it from 32-bit Legacy Edition to the 64-bit option and press save.  Then launch the game again to see if it pops up.  It did for me at least.  

I had the same issue at first too but hopefully this will help.

Message 55 of 127 (1,621 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Punkkles i dont see the when launching this game option
Message 56 of 127 (1,604 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Nelly.

Did you go to the settings in ORIGIN. You have to click the sims 4 game where it shows you all the expansion packs, stuff packs, etc.

Thats where the settings button is.

Can you send a photo of what you see ?

Message 57 of 127 (1,585 Views)

Message 58 of 127 (1,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@xoprincesitanani@Punkkles 

I also do not see where it says that. All I see is:

Game Language

[                                         ]

Command Line Arguments 

[                                         ] 

Message 59 of 127 (1,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict the older mac's do not have metal OS source: https://www.imore.com/how-check-if-your-older-mac-pro-supports-macos-mojave-dark-mode

@EA_Mai  My Chat with EA Help:

Spoiler

Me: I am having issues with playing the Sims 4 University. I think it is due to running and older iMac and issues with being required to download the Sims Legacy. I first downloaded Sims 4 University and when trying to play the game I got an error message: unable to start, initialization error at start up with a bunch of numbers - this is was led me to having to download the Sims Legacy. The game would then work in startup but the Sims 4 University does not show up in "my collection" when playing the game even though I have purchased it

EA support: Please do not worry!  I know how inconvenient it can be when you are facing issues with the expansion pack, I will surely look into the details and would provide the best possible resolution for it.

Me: macOS Sierra – Version 10.12.6

iMac 27-inch, mid 2010

Processor 3.2 GHx Intel Core i3

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB

EA support: Hey i checked that for you.Currently we're facing the issue with university pack.To which the studios are working hard to fix this.

Me: Do you think it is because older mac's do not have OS metal? I see this is a requirement and had to do extensive research to figure out if I had metal or not. If this is the issue, it should be stated more clearly as this is a spec that you have to do research into figuring out you have it or not - after which I have already paid $50

Me: Also, I would like to know why I can no longer use the online community store with having to download the Sims Legacy ?

EA support: Yes i can completely understand your anxiousness with the same. The legacy update has just been released which is why the patches and bugs have been identified as they are being reported by the players.

EA support: It is because the new patch is to be updated so it has been removed.

EA support: Would you like a refund?

Me: Are you aware if the new patches/updates will no longer need to be running Metal ?

EA support: Well I am currently unaware about this, as this is related to the game which is done by the studios.

Me: I would like a refund then please

EA support: I have processed the refund from my end. You'd be receiving the amount in 7-10 business days.

Me: Thank You. How do I stay on top of updates, patches, etc. by the game studio?  So that if I want to repurchase the game I will know if it will work or not instead of doing the same thing ?

EA Support: You'd need to follow the twitter page of EA and keep a close watch on the forums.

(Posts merged by CM)
Message 60 of 127 (1,616 Views)